• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Freezing on Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmulder13

My G5 is doing something I never saw it do pre-firmware 1.2. It's hanging on a talk group after the transmission is complete, and not passing audio from that talk group or any other talk group. It's basically frozen for a bit. It then goes back to the main screen, loses the control channel, regains the control channel, and then goes about scanning normally. It's done this 6 times in the past 20 minutes. It only seems to do this when connected to bluetooth.

Jordan_yeh

Unication Representative
The trunked system can tell device stay on this TG and traffic channel for wait for coming voice message a while , this is efficiently to have traffic capability, it is ok, if you feel uncomfortable, you can send me your log file to my server , we can do analysis on the air signaling and device processing

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
I had a problem with the G5 not passing audio on a channel that was marked to record, it seemed liked it would hang on that channel also. I unchecked the "record" box in the PPS software and haven't had a problem since.

Tylerv21

Greetings!

Thought I would piggyback on your thread fmulder. I have the same issue concurring on 1.2 - however not all G5s I deployed into the field have the same condition.

I tried everything including a whole new PPS file from scratch and going through each setting by hand. Had some help from a vendor and tried some things to see if it would help - no luck.

I reverted back to v1.10 and have had a pager running this for almost a week now - no issues other than a weird error that vanished on me when I turned the pager off and back on again.

I have to have the record option available for the responders - they require/like the ability to play back pages for addresses and such. I can't think of anything else to try for v1.2 so I will probably deploy this new batch of pagers to the field with v1.10 and hope the next firmware release fixes this problem.

Have you had any further issues or have you found a workaround for 1.2 that works for you fmulder?

Thanks!

T

fmulder13

T,

I've found it happens much less with different Bluetooth devices. I've gone to using the Mpow Crescent, the JustWireless headset from Walgreens, and the Tenergy Beanie. All of these devices exhibit this problem on a very rare basis, so I've sort of learned to live with it. I'd love to see an ultimate fix, though. The Mpow is running bluetooth 4.2 with EDR, and the others are bluetooth 4.1. The Galaxy Buds appear to be bluetooth 5.0.

Does your issue happen off bluetooth? Mine only happens when connected to bluetooth. I'm hesitant to revert to 1.10 for fear of the beeps before transmissions on bluetooth.

Greetings!

Thought I would piggyback on your thread fmulder. I have the same issue concurring on 1.2 - however not all G5s I deployed into the field have the same condition.

I tried everything including a whole new PPS file from scratch and going through each setting by hand. Had some help from a vendor and tried some things to see if it would help - no luck.

I reverted back to v1.10 and have had a pager running this for almost a week now - no issues other than a weird error that vanished on me when I turned the pager off and back on again.

I have to have the record option available for the responders - they require/like the ability to play back pages for addresses and such. I can't think of anything else to try for v1.2 so I will probably deploy this new batch of pagers to the field with v1.10 and hope the next firmware release fixes this problem.

Have you had any further issues or have you found a workaround for 1.2 that works for you fmulder?

Thanks!

T

picscan

Premium Subscriber
My G5 froze for the second time last night, did it last week too, wouldn't turn off, wouldn't respond to anything, I didn't notice for hours and was wondering why police were so quiet. Pulled the battery and it's okay now. I had been using bluetooth earlier in the day. Is that what's causing it?

fmulder13

My G5 froze for the second time last night, did it last week too, wouldn't turn off, wouldn't respond to anything, I didn't notice for hours and was wondering why police were so quiet. Pulled the battery and it's okay now. I had been using bluetooth earlier in the day. Is that what's causing it?
What firmware do you have installed?

fmulder13

This sounds like a problem I had occasionally with V 1.10. V 1.20 has fixed any freezing while not on bluetooth, save for what I mentioned at the beginning of the thread. I remember the battery pull being the only solution to your problem. I don't believe bluetooth had anything to do with it.

Tylerv21

T,

I've found it happens much less with different Bluetooth devices. I've gone to using the Mpow Crescent, the JustWireless headset from Walgreens, and the Tenergy Beanie. All of these devices exhibit this problem on a very rare basis, so I've sort of learned to live with it. I'd love to see an ultimate fix, though. The Mpow is running bluetooth 4.2 with EDR, and the others are bluetooth 4.1. The Galaxy Buds appear to be bluetooth 5.0.

Does your issue happen off bluetooth? Mine only happens when connected to bluetooth. I'm hesitant to revert to 1.10 for fear of the beeps before transmissions on bluetooth.

The reset/freeze issue was happening with Bluetooth completely turned off.

I've had no freezes/resets with 1.10 since I reverted. I'm not using the Bluetooth so I understand the feeling to stick it out on 1.2 until it's fixed - I wouldn't be able to withstand the beeping issue!

I have 5 mission critical G5s to program - I've been sitting on them due to this problem. A vendor we use looked at my files - everything checks out.

Guess I'll deploy with 1.10 with a heads up on that weird error that asks for a reset. Hoping we see a new firmware update in the coming months - if it fixes this freezing issue.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.