• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 internal antenna help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngawx

From reading all of this, I ordered my Amplified charger this weekend from East Coast Pagers. I am hoping to see a improvement for the 1 VHF P25 signal that I monitor inside my home (dont ever have a problem with 700/800).

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Well thats different.
I have 1 at home and 3 on my desk and none have an antenna connector. Im guessing home brew.

Hit_Factor

Well thats different.
I have 1 at home and 3 on my desk and none have an antenna connector. Im guessing home brew.
I bought used from a ham on QRZ so I don't know history. I submitted serial number to Unication, said something was irregular, where did you buy it they asked. I answered, but they wouldn't reply.

I really haven't examined it, just figured it is what it is. I'll take a closer look.

radio3353

I really haven't examined it, just figured it is what it is. I'll take a closer look.

Are you able to open the unit without damaging it? It would be most interesting to see how it is wired inside. Apparently you have a unique piece of hardware there.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I bought used from a ham on QRZ so I don't know history. I submitted serial number to Unication, said something was irregular, where did you buy it they asked. I answered, but they wouldn't reply.

Engineering sample or non-NA market device I'm guessing.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Think of how valuable this will become if Unication decides not to manufacture it! You may have the only one.

nyscan

Also, another difference.. There appears to be a second green LED lit. Only one normally lights.

Hit_Factor

Left LED is pager present. Center LED is power present. Right LED is probably alert received, I have alerts disabled and have never seen the LED on. Little bit of a guess on the right LED function.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
MY gut tells me the basic charger has the pins in the base to the antenna port on the pager but probably not hooked to anything. Back in the MIII/MIV days I found if I added 2 pins to the standard basic charger base and soldered a BNC connector on it It did the same as the amp charger. We were on lowband at the time and everyone wanted an external antenna. Used to sell them the same day at the radio shop. THink it cost us $5.00 and 15 minutes in parts to add the BNC to the back.

Has anyone looked at a basic drop in charger to see if the pins are in the base ? I'd order one to try but 90 vs 130 is close enough not to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.