• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 on Turlock, Ca. System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to monitor Turlock, Ca. P25 system. I believe I have all the correct info programed but will not lock on a control channel. Anyone have any luck with this system?

Thanks,
Dennis

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Confirm you have the WACN/system/site ID's programmed? Those are not listed on RR.

This is a system I was going to try to do some work on the last time I was in California but I unfortunately ran out of time to get over that way.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

If you don't have those programmed the Unication won't work, unless you use the "wildcard" F's. I believe you still need the correct WACN though.

N6ML

WACN can be a wildcard of 0xFFFF, according to the help in PPS.

I'm too far from Turlock to try it. I assume you're in the area, @dhalbasch, and not trying to hear it in Antioch?

N6ML

I kinda wonder if that's even a trunked system at all. It seems a bit unusual for a small city to have their own. I wonder if it's actually a handful of P25 conventional repeaters with talkgroups. There's a mention of it in this thread, and the reference to a specific PD command channel is what makes me suspect it might be conventional. Do you have any way to monitor the spectrum around those frequencies to see if they're even active - e.g. RT2832U dongle + software?

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
I rechecked my programming and saw I only used 4 F’s for the wildcard. With 5 I can now monitor it. It is trunked. My son is on his way with my sds100, I should be able to at least get the wacn.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The RRDB entry for this system does not correspond to the FCC data - somebody needs to verify. It looks like 852.450 has been dropped, and 859.4375 has replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.