• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Out of Range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Pardon the intrusion again ... I got my G5 back from Unication and am running into another issue.

One system will work, when it receives it has a horrible piercing tone ... the other system says out of range, although I am a mile from a tower and a 2-0way portable;e and Uniden 996P2 both have no problem picking up the signal.

Am I missing something? Do I need to check something off for a Phase II system? It is supposed to be upgraded to Phase II.

amys17

Premium Subscriber
The Control & Alternate channels all match those in the portable and Uniden 996P2.
What about the site rfss and I'd. The horrible piercing tone may be an alert tone. Check to make sure you don't hand tone, with default shine at on your talkgroups. That tone is ear piercing

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
No. The last file you used for programming before sending in for repair.

Thanks, I'll revert back to that. Hopefully that fixes it, the Phase I system works exactly as expected, and actually sounds better than the portables! Now to make Phase II work just as well.

So reload the original file, then create a new file for what I need, and reload that afterwards?

Last edited:

BITT211

loud tone , N6ML MEMBER helped me on this one , > pager configuration settings , in program software , > tone volume settings [both], mute or adjust to level #1 . this stopped the loud tone , [was on p25 conventional] THANKS AGAIN MEMBER N6ML .

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to swap WACN to FFFFF and Sys ID to FFF ... still out of range
Do the same thing for the Site ID and RFSS. Some systems just do not seem to like the values we put in even when it displays them when we use a wildcard. Goto D2 -> P25 Trunking System Setting and select the problem system. Click the 'site' column and change the SiteID and RFSS in the new popup, save the changes (twice) and reprogram your G5 and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.