• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

elrod

I have a question about the 2 side buttons on the G5.
I gather the lower smaller button starts the recorder for voice memos and the larger upper button is a reset button. I have not seen anywhere what it resets. does anyone know?

Chuck

cpetraglia

You have to push the 2 side buttons and the top button simultaneously for a few seconds to reset it. Those are the instructions per Unication. I can say I have never been able to make it work.

elrod

That is the only information I was able find also. Unication's instructions and information on everything seems to be very limited and vague. Too bad at the cost of these things. However they work great for the simulcast problem.

Chuck

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about the 2 side buttons on the G5.
I gather the lower smaller button starts the recorder for voice memos and the larger upper button is a reset button. I have not seen anywhere what it resets. does anyone know?

Chuck

Programming can determine usage. Keep in mind, the European versions have access to the cellular network, and some features are for those users.

Sent via Tapatalk

tdeater

When you receive a page, the large side reset button is to reset the pager back to it's silent mode. I set mine to automatically reset at 60 seconds, but a neighboring dept has theirs to manually reset, so the pager alerts then the speaker opens to monitor and stays open until they hit the reset button.

pike63

You can also set it to open the squelch when you push the button. I like this so I can check the volume level when I'm out at places like a hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.