• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 randomly receives unprogrammed TG during Trunking TG-Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamHLG

I have a riddle for you guys. I have a G5 programmed with the Baltimore County P25 Phase 1 system in Zone 1. In PPS, under D-5, Zone 1 Knob Position 1, the setting is for receiving mode = Trunking TG-Scan. Under the knob - talk group list, there is only one entry: TG 9450 (which is Baltimore County Fire - Main). This is the only TG I should receive in this knob position - and 95% of the time, this is how it works. However, on random occasions, I will start receiving TG 9606 in addition to the programmed TG which is 9450. TG 9606 is the Parkville PD precinct on Baltimore County's P25 system. What's weird is that this is random behavior and if I turn off my G5 and turn it back on, the problem goes away. Even more weird is that I never receive any other random talk group. When it happens, it is always TG 9606, but it only happens 5% of the time (about once a week) and power cycling the G5 fixes it.

Let's take it a step further in weirdness. I program 2 other G5s of members of my FD crew. It happens to them also. Now granted, they have the same code plug as me. But this proves it's not the radio itself. But my code plug appears to be programmed correctly - at least I think. On all of our radios, its always this random popup transmission on TG 9606. Power cycling the G5 makes it go away for about a week. It randomly returns.

Anyone else see anything like this type of behavior? They run FW 1.2 and I run a beta 5 of FW 1.3 but this behavior happens on all three of our radios.

It was happening this evening and I power cycled the G5 and now its fixed again. Figured I would post something about it.

AdamHLG

I am going to assume that no response after 100 reads of the post means that nobody else has seen this issue. Which is good news. Maybe the issue is on the County side and its not an issue with the G5 at all. The issue has not replicated after a power toggle on Sat night. But it wasn't the first time it happened either, so I don't know if it will replicate again. But it was definitely happening. I'll just wait for 1.4 beta and see what happens then.

ThomasB3131

I've had this issue before as well, but only 2 or 3 times has it ever happened. Mine is a single band G4 as well.

AdamHLG

I've had this issue before as well, but only 2 or 3 times has it ever happened. Mine is a single band G4 as well.

Thanks. It's no big deal at all to power toggle it away on the rare random times it happens. Just happy to see I am not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.