• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Does v1.3 allow recording of any channel while listening by pushing a button like V1.4 beta did or do you have to program them all?

Last edited:

Hit_Factor

In D6 set the knob position Voice Storage to ID Match and everything received is recorded. There is a FIFO buffer of about 500 messages or so.

Is that what you want? No need to press a key, it just happens. Makes it real easy to find out if they really said what you thought you heard.

N6ML

In D6 set the knob position Voice Storage to ID Match and everything received is recorded. There is a FIFO buffer of about 500 messages or so.

Is that what you want? No need to press a key, it just happens. Makes it real easy to find out if they really said what you thought you heard.

I think the question was if you can do it on the fly, without having preprogrammed it. I don't know of any way to do that, but I haven't looked for it.

The limit is 1000 recorded messages (500 pages, 2 per page, if you're scrolling through the message box).

picscan

Premium Subscriber
I used to be able to do it with 1.4 beta, no need to program to record, just hear something interesting and push the button on any channel I was listening to without a need to program or record every channel. I would hold on any channel and press record. Kinda miss that.

Hit_Factor

I understand. There isn't really a drawback to recording everything. When things get interesting hit the Blok and hold buttons as needed, and it's recording just the interesting traffic. Just another way of getting the same result, different path.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
So I found out it will only record those that are one of the 64 aliases, it will not record without an alias in trunk group monitor.

Hit_Factor

I just looked, in CSQ mode, ALL becomes an option. I guess ID Match makes more sense to me now. Without looking anything up I think CSQ is coded squelch, for conventional freqs.

Time for another pager to double your groups.

N6ML

CSQ is carrier squelch - i.e. no CTCSS or DCS on analog (FM) only.

Status
Not open for further replies.