• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 shuts down and reboots after 1 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafetyGuy

Premium Subscriber
My G5 boots up system comes up get all bars for the system then screen goes blank then the reboot screen comes up. I took the battery out and reinserted. does the same thing. Any ideas how to fix?

cpetraglia

Is it a new pager? Or has it been working and then started doing this? I have heard of different issues, but this ones a first.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
My G5 boots up system comes up get all bars for the system then screen goes blank then the reboot screen comes up. I took the battery out and reinserted. does the same thing. Any ideas how to fix?

Does the battery have a full charge?

Sent via Tapatalk

SafetyGuy

Premium Subscriber
Had the pager for a while. This just started happening. Battery fully charged. Can get it to work after it reboots a bunch of times. It will work fine all day then in the morning it has the same problem. I noticed it reboots when audio comes up. If I put it on a empty channel it stays on until I put it on an active channel as soon as audio comes up it shuts down and reboots.

Tim-B

One thing that came to mind when you said that it happens when audio starts: Clean the battery contacts on both the radio and the battery. When it starts to put audio through to the speaker it uses more juice and if it is not getting enough from the battery it may cause it to go off like it would if the battery was running dead and then because the battery is actually sitll putting out current then it reboots. This may not be it but it is worth checking out.

cpetraglia

I would reload the FW and try a PPS CP with limited entries. You can create a new profile and keep it separate. This will at least tell you if the SW or FW is corrupt. If it continues, it may need to go back for repair.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is this system running Phase 2 TG? I recall reading a thread before that someone had issues with their unit when it stopped on a Phase 2 TalkGroup.
Is it possible that the unit is not liking a specific talk group and thus rebooting because it cant decode Phase 2.

SafetyGuy

Premium Subscriber
Nothing to do with phase 2 TG. What is strange is after doing different things with the function mode I can turn it off and on and it works fine. Let it sit overnight and it starts all over again. It only does it when the verbal come up. Place it on a position that I haven't programmed and it stays on. I don't think it has anything to do with the battery because when I finally get it to work it stays on for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.