• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5, TxWARN Motorola network programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

I already programmed TXWARN p25 for hpd and hfd and its working great, but cant get txwarn Motorola up and running for all the other agencies in Harris County. The communication shop told me both warn id bee00 and system id 1a7 are the same, am i using the exact same sites to or no and what do i do with protocal or do i not use that when listen,

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I already programmed TXWARN p25 for hpd and hfd and its working great, but cant get txwarn Motorola up and running for all the other agencies in Harris County. The communication shop told me both warn id bee00 and system id 1a7 are the same, am i using the exact same sites to or no and what do i do with protocal or do i not use that when listen,

HPD/HFD use Zone 3 sites (RFSS 3 in the RR database), Harris County agencies use Zone 1/2 sites.

And the G5 won't work on this system...

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Only this one...

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

hou30guy

I wonder why they told me this g5 would work for Harris county sheriff's and Harris county constables, that's the reason I bout it from the communications store, and they program radios daily, it's gotta be a way

hou30guy

Maybe that's why he told me to use the same wacn and system ID since the network is the same just one is phase 2 and other one is mixed

jmontes77029

Was it easy to program. I am really thinking of getting one of these receivers. So does it work for Harris County Sheriff and Constables? How is the quality compared to uniden or whistler scanners?

jmontes77029

Thanks for the offer to help. I think I am savy enough to program it but I will contact you for issues I may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.