• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 UHF 2 Tone Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsfd

Feed Provider
I'm having an issue where when the pager activates, sometimes the squelch stays open, sometimes it closes after transmission ends as intended. Sometimes it activates and the screen stays on the receive screen but no audio. I do not have push to listen selected anywhere in PPS. Luckily my department works fine :) the issue I'm having is other departments I am monitoring. I'm located in Nassau County, Long Island.....I'm not sure if the squelch issue is software based or radio interference. Any ideas??

bob550

Premium Subscriber
It would be a tremendous help if you could tell us the specific system/site/agency that doesn't give you trouble, and the one(s) that do. Additionally, have you always had this problem as long as you've been monitoring these agencies, or has this been a recent problem?

paulsfd

Feed Provider
I just picked up the G5 a couple of weeks ago. It has been an issue since I programmed it. My department is on 453.287 and operated correctly. One of the departments I have an issue is 471.312. Sometimes the squelch stays open after receiving a 2 tone other times it gets locked on the receive screen and no audio comes over after receiving the 2 tone.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
OK, so have you correctly programmed the PL codes for each? Are both department frequencies programmed in the same knob position, or separate? You could try raising the "Audio Squelch" setting located in the "Zone and Channel Setting". Failing any corrective actions you could take, the fault may lie with the transmitting radio. Also be aware that since UHF is the secondary band to the G5, reception is via the internal antenna only.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Paul,
Make sure you are using the latest FW release.

I had the same problem (also Nassau County). I created a new code plug from scratch after upgrading from 1.31 and the issue resolved. Seems like something in the old file was causing the pager to hang on some tone stacks.

paulsfd

Feed Provider
Massapequa the squelch stays open while Wantagh activates but no audio till I press next. I am running 1.31. I am using someone else's code plug they used.

paulsfd

Feed Provider
I've tried a fresh code plug still having the issues. I've even copied and pasted knob settings from frequencies I don't have issues with.....changing only the actual freq and PL. No luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.