• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Vehicle charger and amplified speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
I know there is an existing thread about what users would like to see change with the pager. I am actually discussing an accessory. I frequently use the pager in my car. I do have to turn the pager volume up fairly loud to hear it because of outside noise and the soft volume of p25 signal. This does a few things. 1 it kills the battery, 2 it puts wear on the speaker and driver because its almost to the top volume. I had thought about what is needed to take a home charger and mount it to my car. Of course i would need a 120vac to 12vdc converter which is not the best to add to a small cabin area. I do believe there could be some simple engineering on Unication's part to develop a vehicle adapted charger , amplifier and maybe even a screen which can enlarge the display once the pager is in the charger. I really thought about something which works and resembles commercial grade convertacom.

KC2NNS

Premium Subscriber
This is a great idea! Hopefully Unication listens. I think it would boost their sales. I would certainly buy it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
The charger is already 12 V, the supplied cord steps it down from 120 to 12, I switch my back-and-forth all the time

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber

krokus

Premium Subscriber

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Unication Basic Charger Mods?

I received my G4 a few weeks back. Needless to say, I have already sold my 536 and 996P2, and considering buying another G4. Pretty amazing little receiver. I immediately was weary of continously plugging/unplugging the micro USB in to charge every night. So I purchased the standard drop in charger. My wheels started spinning about possibly adding an external amplified speaker (like the Uniden BC23A). I have seen the other threads about the pinout on the bottom of the G4. As soon as I received the drop in charger, I immediately took it apart. It appears that Unication is either A) Using the same PCB for the drop in as they are using for the Amplified Speaker/Charger; or B) has future plans to add additional ports/jacks to the standard drop in charger. There are two additional round holes, one might would assume one for audio and the second for an antenna jack, possibly? I purchased a SMA panel mount jack, but I don't think the antenna on the G4 passes through to the bottom pad on the receiver, at least a volt meter doesn't show any continuity. I also ordered a 3.5mm female panel jack for the audio. Before I start soldering on the PCB, I wanted to reach out to you guys and see if anyone else has attempted to do something similar. Thanks in advance for any input I might receive.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 297
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 290

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I know there is an existing thread about what users would like to see change with the pager. I am actually discussing an accessory. I frequently use the pager in my car. I do have to turn the pager volume up fairly loud to hear it because of outside noise and the soft volume of p25 signal. This does a few things. 1 it kills the battery, 2 it puts wear on the speaker and driver because its almost to the top volume. I had thought about what is needed to take a home charger and mount it to my car. Of course i would need a 120vac to 12vdc converter which is not the best to add to a small cabin area. I do believe there could be some simple engineering on Unication's part to develop a vehicle adapted charger , amplifier and maybe even a screen which can enlarge the display once the pager is in the charger. I really thought about something which works and resembles commercial grade convertacom.

In theory it sounds nice, but there is a big difference in pricing when asking for an amplified charger vs an amplified charger with an additional larger display.
But it sounds nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.