• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Volume won’t go below 50

mdsxfire

EDBM
I have one G5 where the volume will only go between 50 and 95, at this point I’m assuming it has to be a hardware issue since I’ve shot it with the same program as my other g5s that don’t have this issue. Anyone else run into this? Is there a self fix

blackbelter

Would the same volume level holds if pager is in the power amp charger? Would the volume level starts at 50 or can not hear it ?

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity, what model is it, and which version of firmware is it running? What is the model number and firmware version of one of the pagers that work correctly?

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I was hoping that it could've been a firmware issue, but the V1.33 kinda rules that out. If it was running V2.02 firmware, I would have suggested downgrading. It is still possible the firmware got corrupted somehow, so If you want to give V1.35 a try, just message me.

mdsxfire

EDBM
thank you I have all of them up to 2.02 but since these are used for actual pagers for our dept we have stayed with 1.33 since it has been the most stable version and definitely don’t wanna go up to the 2.x versions since I heard they do t play well with the older hardware and don’t want to re write the entire profiles into the 4.x PPS

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
The new PPS is a bit more user friendly, but the thought of having to start from scratch isn't too appealing. I hesitated at first, but I'm glad I made the switch. If your profiles only have a couple of zones, it really isn't too bad.

Do you still have the firmware installer for V1.33? If so, you might want to try a fresh install to rule out corrupt firmware. Otherwise, you'll probably have to send it in for repair, or replacement. If it ends up getting replaced, you'll probably be getting a G5N. In that case, you will have to upgrade to the new PPS.