GA Railscanning

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Anyone in the central GA area Bibb/Peach or surrounding counties listen to Railroad communications? If so what channels/frequencies is popular around this area? I know here where I live in Byron/Peach County there's a couple of frequencies supposely that are used for Norfolk Southern Railway which runs right down the road for me which is 160.455 (Fort Valley and Powersville) and 161.115 and the other frequencies used in the area are 160.83, 160.95, 161.565. I do pick up the CSX Brosnan Yard in Macon which is 160.23.

All these frequencies are in analog.

What are other frequencies in the area that are used by CSX and Norfolk Southern? Is Analog used here more than digital? Yes, I do have the frequencies programmed from the R/R database and digital frequency search page for my area and surroundings.

- Jamie

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the central GA area Bibb/Peach or surrounding counties listen to Railroad communications? If so what channels/frequencies is popular around this area? I know here where I live in Byron/Peach County there's a couple of frequencies supposely that are used for Norfolk Southern Railway which runs right down the road for me which is 160.455 (Fort Valley and Powersville) and 161.115 and the other frequencies used in the area are 160.83, 160.95, 161.565. I do pick up the CSX Brosnan Yard in Macon which is 160.23.

All these frequencies are in analog.

What are other frequencies in the area that are used by CSX and Norfolk Southern? Is Analog used here more than digital? Yes, I do have the frequencies programmed from the R/R database and digital frequency search page for my area and surroundings.

- Jamie
I always seem to hear a lot on 160.6950 - AAR 39 from Norfolk Southern when I visit Warner Robins.