Gadsden County Pub Safety DMR

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I am hearing steady, "routine" traffic on the Gadsden County Public Safety DMR system ( Gadsden County Public Safety Trunking System, Quincy, Florida ) when monitoring the Havana site frequencies in conventional mode using a digital scanner. I have not yet had any luck locking up on the system in DMR mode, for lack of knowing the correct LCNs. I am experimenting (guessing) at what I think could be LCNs, but so far no luck.

I wonder if anyone knows the correct LCNs or based on the frequencies in use might have any suggestions.

TIA

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
A few years back when I was in that area I was able to use the DSDPlus and got the LCNS for that system. It can be possible they decide to change the LCN lineup. What scanner are you using? If you are using Uniden make sure you have the Tags turned on for the services you want to hear.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
A few years back when I was in that area I was able to use the DSDPlus and got the LCNS for that system. It can be possible they decide to change the LCN lineup. What scanner are you using? If you are using Uniden make sure you have the Tags turned on for the services you want to hear.
I'm using a Uniden BCD325P2, no other tools available to me

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Okay. Do you have the Service Tags active for the TalkGroups you want to listen to?
If by Service Tags you mean have I entered alpha-tags for the defined takgroups and enabled them (entered them into Groups and have the Groups enabled to scan), then YES.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If you think the lcns are not correct you can do a LCN Finder for each site. It may take a few mints to a hour or so depends how active it is.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
The 325P2 doesn't include the LCN Finder option. :(
If you aren't able to find someone who has LCN-finding capabilities your cheapest option would be an RTL-SDR dongle (RTL-SDR v3 is the best value) for ~$30 and a scan with DSD+. Most Whistler scanners (WS1080, TRX-1, TRX-2, etc) also have discriminator taps built in as well where you can connect its audio out into your computer and run DSD+ off of that.