Galveston ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
So yesterday i created a DMR system for TXDOT using the Vhf frequencies mentioned in previous post and FCC database. The TRX-1 doesn't require frequencies to be put in any specific LCN. So i put on record and noticed only 1 TG was being used. I checked my recordings this morning and found while most of the conversations are encrypted not every conversation is encrypted ! Some are in the clear
And they were definitely ferry operations. I would submit what i found but i believe it would be rejected without proper LCN ?
If someone in or around or even visiting Galveston , and has time with a Uniden scanner could figure out the LCN they could post it ,
However if this system doesn't require the proper LCN then i will post it

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
151.00250, 151.15250, 151.24250, 151.37750 that's all i have

There are other frequencies on the FCC database but not sure if they are part of this system

Talk group i found is 16777215 DMR

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
151.00250, 151.15250, 151.24250, 151.37750 that's all i have

There are other frequencies on the FCC database but not sure if they are part of this system

Talk group i found is 16777215 DMR
Is it a capacity plus system with a rest channel buzzing every two seconds? Or just conventional repeaters or simplex?

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
So today i went ahead and added the TxDOT conventional frequencies per R.R Database and
had success monitoring them that way first i found DMR 151.15250 is using encryption 97% of the time
very few conversations in the clear.
DMR 151.00250 is only using encryption occasionally,
as far as 151.24250 I haven't heard anything as of yet.
the thing that seems strange is that according to the FCC Galveston Database the mentioned frequencies
above show to be in the public safety Trunking category and not the conventional category ?
am I looking at this wrong ? not sure ? I had created a trunk system using these frequencies because I was understanding theses
per the FCC license to be trunked ? and i was hearing a few conversations in the clear, but most were encrypted.
it might be I receive them in Trunking and conventional mode because I am using a TRX-1 to monitor this ?
Anyway just trying to make sense of this and update the ferry ops properly on these frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.