Game & Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Has 44.8 and 44.92 gone digital? I hear buzzing a lot and don't remember the last time I heard an analog transmission.

Thanks,

Bentley

As far as I know, frequencies cannot be just switched to digital. Also, I do not believe low band freq's such a the ones you stated above can be digital, has to be in the highter bands...right?.

I may be wrong though.

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have heard transmissions on 44.92....but they were close to me when I heard them. That was at least over a year ago ... maybe two.

SCPD

QRT
This frequency pair, one for the bases and one for the mobiles, was used with some regularity when I lived in New Mexico in the late 70's and early 80's. Obviously I can't offer much to the discussion now, other than wildlife agency traffic is usually only interesting to those of us who have worked with or in a related field. The conservation officer that worked the Magdalena Ranger District area where I was stationed was "2-9" and I can remember being awakened in the middle of the night by "2-9, Santa Fe" on 44.800, along with the reply of "Santa Fe, 2-9" on 44.920 if he was semi-close by, where the traffic would usaully be something I should know about. The 44.800 traffic would come from the remote bases either on Socorro Mtn. or Datil Lookout and the 44.920 traffic would come directly from the officer's truck.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I also had a thought about if it would be likely that the state would want to put Game and Fish traffic on digital or encrypt it. Wildlife enforcement agency personnel have a higher assualt and injury rate than cops on a beat. It is possible that many wildlife agencies want to encrypt their traffic as a result. Especially in New Mexico where officers are often working in some isolated areas, which are in my memory very wonderful country as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.