Game Wardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRamrod38

I would like to know if anyone know what type radio systems the Alabama game wardens use and there frequencies they use in Lauderdale Co.

Mick

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
That reminds me - the Alabama Coastal Marine Enforcement Division doesn't seem to be listed in the database... They are commonly referred to as "The Marine Police"... anyone know what freq. they're on off the coast in Mobile and Baldwwin counties? I know that they have marine radios but they also have their own system. If I remember correctly, their headquarters USED TO BE on Dauphin Island, but hurricane Ivan seems to have moved them someplace else...???

Steve

Game Wardens and Marine Police

Currently the Game Wardens and Marine Police do most of their communicating on Southern Linc. Both groups use/used 159.465 for VHF. The Marine Police reportedly also use 155.640 in the coastal area. On Lake Martin here in east central Alabama, the Marine Police use marine band radios a good bit. Also the Marine Police use the State Trooper radio system as well. Most Game Wardens will have their local county systems (VHF ones) programmed in their radios and use those systems as well.

Steve
KD4LCY

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
We dispatched Marine Police from Orange Beach PD over Southern Linc when I worked there last year. They primarily use southern link for their communications. They do not carry VHF HT's on them. They have mobiles in their tahoe's and on the boats. On the water, they will use 159.465 for boat-boat if it's non-tactical in nature. They would call Orange Beach PD on their police channel to run registration checks. They also use 158.790 to communicate with the Mobile DPS post as they are sometimes dispatched by them.

In Morgan County, Game & Fish Officers are often heard on the Sheriff's VHF Repeater
(155.0700mhz). Their Callsign is "GFxxx". Traffic is usually limited to going in service, ending
a shift, meal-breaks & mutual-aid with the Sheriff for "Spot-lighting" calls, ECT...
I suspect they also use Southern-Linc.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
kingpin said:
We dispatched Marine Police from Orange Beach PD over Southern Linc when I worked there last year. They primarily use southern link for their communications. They do not carry VHF HT's on them. They have mobiles in their tahoe's and on the boats. On the water, they will use 159.465 for boat-boat if it's non-tactical in nature. They would call Orange Beach PD on their police channel to run registration checks. They also use 158.790 to communicate with the Mobile DPS post as they are sometimes dispatched by them.

Hey, Jason - did you ever meet Officer Bob Haskins with the Marine Police while you were at the PD? I've been trying to get Bob's new email address but so far have not had any luck in reaching him. I met him at the old - "Top Gun Bait and Tackle" (Across the plaza parking lot from Hazel's in OB) before Amelia and Billy Ray sold it to the new owners. I'd like to get in touch with Bob of he is still in the area.

morganAL

KD4NII said:
In Morgan County, Game & Fish Officers are often heard on the Sheriff's VHF Repeater
(155.0700mhz). Their Callsign is "GFxxx". Traffic is usually limited to going in service, ending
a shift, meal-breaks & mutual-aid with the Sheriff for "Spot-lighting" calls, ECT...
I suspect they also use Southern-Linc.

I was in a restaurant the other night and two of them came in and they were carrying Southern Linc units.

WalterJ629

I have been unable to find any "Game Warden" or Fish and Wildlife, or whatever they are called here in the Covington County, AL area since I arrived Aug. 3rd 2014. I have monitored thousands of frequencies listed for many counties and the state (even did search limits), and nada. They must use lincs or nextels? I rarely even hear activity on any of the Forestry frequencies. there must be either a system we do not know of, they are sharing DPS or using iden type comms? But if anyone has found anything that are "hot" channels around Covington County area, please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

WalterJ629

Game Warden Frequencies

After spending much time, I still have not heard them on Forestry, DPS (Trooper), Local Sheriff or Police frequencies? I am baffled as to why they are so elusive to hear? Any info greatly appreciated!

morganAL

As I posted previously in this thread. The one I see locally are carrying Southern Linc. I hear the local Game and Fish units on the local Sheriff's Office frequency occasionally.

hsvrandolph

On lake Guntersville you have State Marine Police who use Southern Link / New p25 statewide. Then TVA Marine Police use Nextel type groups and VHF however the VHF is usually (always) encrypted. Then there is Marshall County Sheriff Marine Police and they use MCSO frequencies, along with interoperability with the statewide P25 and same with Jackson County Sheriff Office Marine Police in the Goose Pond area and finally Guntersville Police have a Marine unit(s) within water in city limits. They use Guntersville Police frequencies with ability to interop with State and TVA.

Status
Not open for further replies.