Game Wardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

was down at Warsaw Mo today and noticed many Game Wardens and there boats...there trucks had the same antenna as the Highway patrol for MOSWIN....I don't see them listed in the database at all...they are in the old VHF bands listed still....I would think they are in MOSWIN by now....any thoughts?....looking for talkgroups? dispatched out of Troop A?

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I think they do have TGID's on MOSWIN that correspond with which HP they are located by.

For instance, for Troop I of the HP they have Talk Group 161 labeled as "Marine".

KC0CSE

I think they do have TGID's on MOSWIN that correspond with which HP they are located by.

For instance, for Troop I of the HP they have Talk Group 161 labeled as "Marine".

No "Marine" is used for Water Patrol only...this I do know...and they are using it now....Game Wardens are somewhere else still looking...

scannerowner

They may be on the Troop Dispatch TG, that's where I hear them most of the time. Are you sure it was a Conservation Agents' boat, and not Fisheries? I don't know if Agents use boats too often?!

KC0CSE

They may be on the Troop Dispatch TG, that's where I hear them most of the time. Are you sure it was a Conservation Agents' boat, and not Fisheries? I don't know if Agents use boats too often?!
\

yes they were Agents...the ones that pull up next to you and check to see if you have a fish license...plenty of them around the Warsaw Truman area....they pull up to my dock every year and check ...what I see is they have what looks like VHF 5/8 wave antenna's on there boat....and MOSWIN short antennas on there trucks and VHF 5/8 wave ....

ksmoscanner

If they were Missouri Dept of Conservation agents, which is the primary state agency that would be doing what you describe, you can find them on the VHF conventional repeaters. Sometimes they will use the local County Sheriff dispatch channel to run subjects and some even will use MOSWIN to run subjects through the Troop A Dispatcher on 20007. I do not hear subjects run very often on their own radio system but have heard them numerous times on MOSWIN and the local county they happen to be operating in. They ID themselves as CONSERVATION 6## when on MOSWIN or another agencies channel.

I do not think DNR does this type of stuff outside of the State Park Boundaries. But they can often be heard on MOSWIN as RANGER ##. Not sure if they still have a VHF system in place or not.

The MDC rangers for the KC Region, which includes Henry/Benton use 151.400 (D503). Most of this is car/car. They also use the cell phone a lot due to poor coverage on the repeaters in a lot of areas. Repeaters are capable of analog encryption and they use it sometimes but not often.

Gregg in KC

Last edited:

KC0CSE

If they were Missouri Dept of Conservation agents, which is the primary state agency that would be doing what you describe, you can find them on the VHF conventional repeaters. Sometimes they will use the local County Sheriff dispatch channel to run subjects and some even will use MOSWIN to run subjects. I do not hear subjects run very often on their own radio system but have heard them numerous times on MOSWIN and the local county they happen to be operating in. They ID themselves as CONSERVATION 6## wjhen on MOSWIN or another agencies channel.

I do not think DNR does this type of stuff outside of the State Park Boundaries. But they can often be heard on MOSWIN as RANGER ##. Not sure if they still have a VHF system in place or not.

The MDC rangers for the KC Region, which includes Henry/Benton use 151.400 (D503). Most of this is car/car. They also use the cell phone a lot due to poor coverage on the repeaters in a lot of areas. Repeaters are capable of analog encryption and they use it sometimes but not often.

Gregg in KC

Ok thanks.....on MOSWIN do you have a talkgroup you can share with me that they use?....and yes I have heard them on 151.400 around here....

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have heard both the DNR rangers and the MDC Agents use the troops Dispatch (ie troop C,E and I) when calling License checks etc. or going in service or out of service.

Also advise the troops when then go to a park or in and out of the troop dispatch area as well.

mgolden2

They mainly use the Benton County Sheriff Dept freq of 158.745 for running license checks and such. Radio numbers are 655 and 656

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.