Gaming Laptop Computer Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
My son will be graduating high school soon and I will be buying him a laptop computer as a graduation gift. I want to get one that will be suitable for both gaming and his undergraduate college studies in the fall. I may just go to the Micro Center near me to purchase it. Does anybody here have any thoughts on what laptop would be most suitable? Can I get something for under $1,000.00 that would work well?

Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!

Gaming : Laptops/Notebooks : Laptops, Netbooks : Computers : Micro Center

CapStar362

referring to your original link....

i added a filter.... GPU = Nvidia

this would be your best bet for a gamers grade laptop.... as CLOSE to 1k as i could get

Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!

Alienware is OP = OverPriced crap..... ever since Dell bought alienware.... they have become bloated with Dells crappy CS and bloatware apps.

Asus is FAR better at gaming grade equipment than Dell ever will be.

dont know if your Son is fluent with Win8 interface, AKA: Metro Theme, but once you get the full Windows 8.1.1 you can bypass the Metro theme and go straight back to Windows 7 "Aero" theme..... OR!!

www.ninite.com <-- grab the app called "Classic Shell" listed under Utilities. gives you some flexibility and configuration options that Win8 does not provide.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Alienware is OP = OverPriced crap..... ever since Dell bought alienware.... they have become bloated with Dells crappy CS and bloatware apps.

Well, I'm not going to argue, but I know people who have them and really like them ... and those bloatware apps can always be removed. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.