garbled noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4ZPD

Question. I heard on the local PD secondary frequencies what sounds like garbled transmissions. Is this programmed into their radios, or could it be something else? Any help would be useful. And just to let you know they use UHF conventional frequencies.

R

Rayjk110

Yep, cheap-o voice inversion. Common on Kenwood/Newer VertexStandard radios.

If you have a scanner/reciever with a really selective VFO that will tune in really small increments, it can usually be overcome, or so I'm told.

JnglMassiv

It's possible to replicate the inverted duck voice sound using an inversion program like Invert.exe. Speaking from a strictly academic perspective, I suppose it might be possible to re-invert, that is, to rightsideup, inverted voices using the same program if one were to have recorded one's voice.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
JnglMassiv:
I downloaded a couple of other files and then sent for the password and the email address returned as "no such mail box" any luck with getting thru to them?

JnglMassiv

unitcharlie said:
JnglMassiv:
I downloaded a couple of other files and then sent for the password and the email address returned as "no such mail box" any luck with getting thru to them?
I'm afraid I have no idea. I've recommended Wintone and Invert to people here on the board and I know they aren't password protected. I wasn't even aware that some were restricted at all.

You should probably be able to find most or all of those programs and file elsewhere if you were to search around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.