Garbled Xmissions on P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvmym8

Is it normal to occasionally get garbling on Balto City & Balto County Fire & Police xmissions? Usually it's fine, but every so often it's like echoing and gobbledygook.

Also, why are the Federal channels listed saying "Indy" or "indianapolis" next to them? What's so special about Indianapolis? I'd think they would say Washington DC if anything.

troymail

Silent Key
Is it normal to occasionally get garbling on Balto City & Balto County Fire & Police xmissions? Usually it's fine, but every so often it's like echoing and gobbledygook.

Yes

Also, why are the Federal channels listed saying "Indy" or "indianapolis" next to them? What's so special about Indianapolis? I'd think they would say Washington DC if anything.

What channels / listing are you referring to?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Uh.. I think we might need a link, because the Baltimore City federal stuff isn't showing any listings that say Indianapolis, and there are no listings for BCo.

lvmym8

damn, im an idiot. i see what happened. when i got to the page with MD on it, with the FBI freq's, it showed Indy at the top of the page. i was thinking it was a page just for MD. brain fart....sorry

lvmym8

Federal Freq's

anyway, does anyone have any Federal freq's that can be heard in the Baltimore area that are not encrypted? RR has none at all.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
anyway, does anyone have any Federal freq's that can be heard in the Baltimore area that are not encrypted? RR has none at all.

Check the Wiki under Federal Protective Service. There are some discrepancies with stuff I've actually heard, regarding frequency use, but I don't have enough data (and there really isn't that much traffic) to accurately update it....

If you're feeling brave, enter all those frequencies into a bank or scan list and see what you hear. At the very least, sooner or later you'll hear the status checks...

Status
Not open for further replies.