Garfield/Mesa Co. Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodStrong

1616, Still W/B at milepost 55, entering Debeque Canyon. CSP, Mesa S/O, Debeque Marshal Dept. en route.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Believe the stop sticks deployed at MM-50 took a "few tires" per the deputy.

Nothing like trying to stop a semi truck!

Jim<

DeltaDOCguy

what's funny is that while I was listening to this in the car...I was making a complaint against an aggressive semi driver on hwy. 50!! lol

RodStrong

Authorities stop semi on I-70 after chase

Posted: April 8, 2008 06:06 PM MDT
Updated: April 8, 2008 06:06 PM MDT

The Colorado State Patrol is now searching the truck trailer with the aid of a K-9 unit.
Cameo exit (Exit 47) is closed. The driver is described as a 44-year-old male and the passenger a female in her thirties, both are in custody. According to the CSP, the driver is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol.

Two occupants of a semi truck are in custody after leading Garfield and Mesa County authorities on a high speed chase on westbound I-70.

The chase ended near mile marker 47 in the De Beque Canyon.

The front right tire of the truck was apparently blown out.

According to dispatch reports, the chase began when the driver failed to yield to a traffic stop in Garfield County.

Unconfirmed reports suggest the chase exceeded 75 miles per hour at times.

Stay with KJCT NEWS 8 and KJCT8.COM for more on this developing story.

See link for photos: http://www.kjct8.com/global/story.asp?s=8138270

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
GARFIELD COUNTY – A 44-year-old man was arrested Tuesday after he was running vehicles off the road in a semi truck.

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office says Christopher Brostek was driving on Interstate 70 through the Silt and Rifle area just before 4 p.m. when he started running another car off the road.

A sergeant spotted him and tried to pull the semi over, but Brostek wouldn't stop and led deputies on a chase on westbound I-70.

The Colorado State Patrol deployed Stop Sticks onto the highway and punctured several of the semi's tires.

Deputies say Brostek exited I-70 on the off ramp at mile marker 47 after losing his front tire and both he and a passenger were taken into custody.

The female passenger was taken to a local detox facility and Brostek was booked into the Garfield County Detention facility.

He faces possible charges of DUI, reckless driving and vehicular eluding.

Status
Not open for further replies.