Garland County/Hot Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Keep ears open for range testing, and HSFD SCBA testing. Also, if the CC is popping data, nab the SysID, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
The cc has a P25 NAC 187h and the Sys ID 188h. Gonna try to find TG's next. Still trying to figure out how to do all that on the SDS100.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Thanks wbswetnam, that will be a big help to log talkgroups on the new system.

Milf, I have the following on my detail screen on the SDS100:
WRCN BEE00h
P25 NAC 187h
Sys ID 188h
RFSS ID 2
Site ID 27
UID not shown
CC 772.993750 MHz

No audio yet, just cc data. Next time I go into Hot Springs I will see if any of the other sites are lit, or if just the Fox Pass is active for now to help GCSO.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ok shows as AWIN site currently. So until the rest of the system is built out and can be turned on its temporarily AWIN site 2-27. Will be interesting to see what traffic gets passed on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Though come to think about it: If they did do a full MOU to share this site, they may split the freqs and run a few as an AWIN site, and then put the others as Hot Springs once they online it. This does open the door to bring Hot Springs fully on the AWIN in the future. A dual layer simulcast, one for county, one for city, and a single stand alone shared site. We will have to wait and see.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Would they temporarily have 2 control channels in that case? Or just one & the system sorts it all out for city & county radios? I can see why they want to follow the AWIN protocol so when they switch the city sites over in the future, it would be pretty painless.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
One for the AWIN site. And another when the City System goes live.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
All city public safety radios have AWIn all County ps have the city system for interop it's the Dow transit etc that will not for most ops.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
It will be a weird startup but it will be nice once they migrate everything to AWIN in 2 or 3 years. Their analog 800 is lousy & barely reaches the city limit line. This will be a major improvement.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It used to have legs. I used to have it Lima Charlie over ten miles out both in Piney and the other way. I used to run the feed from Piney. Both my PRO-96 the PRO-92's and the XTS 3K had it perfect back then.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It's gone bad over last few years then. I used to start getting it way out on 70 West and sometimes from Crystal Springs but once I was near Piney on that side it was a lock. But that goes to show how a system deteriorating over just 7 or so years.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
HS 800 usually dies out on 7 North on the way to HS Village except on hilltops. The SDS100 has a hot 800 receive & I can hear farther out than my old BCD396XT. But their scratchy analog is really apparent now, since most everyone else in the county has moved to AWIN.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
I went to Hot Springs early this morning & the HS Simulcast was full scale from Fox Pass through downtown all the way to south HS. Still no audio heard. When I got in the car to come home there was no signal. They must be working on the system today which is a good sign.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Do you have all the freqs in monitor? Could have rolled to an alternate, or maybe offlined while they do more work. Wish I could afford to take a trip to see my sisters and mom,.... Okay yeah, real reason would be to snoop out radio data and get my other PRO-96 back as it is almost useless there now except for Entergy, and the stand alone sites for ASP etc....

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have all in its own HS Simulcast QK. I also have all of cc freqs in a QK for all the cc’s in Arkansas. I do this for testing antennas so I know whose towers are in range. At the time, I didn’t know which would be the cc, so I put in all 7 as HS Simul 1-7. My signal meter was moving today, so it must be back online. Still haven’t heard any voice comms.

Status
Not open for further replies.