Garland County/Hot Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad5kl

Good catch! On the AWIN system, TGID 32251 is for the AWIN Radio Technicians. They also use 32269 & 32275. They'll probably assign Hot Springs TG's based on AWIN framework, even though the HS Simulcast won't officially be part of AWIN at the start. That would make a for a quick integration with no TG conflicts into AWIN when they decide to do it.

ad5kl

You're off to a great start. Pass on all info you can find on the system. I've passed along a few bits of control channel data but that was only with the Advanced View option in the SDS100. I don't have any specific software & yours will definitely be helpful. I think we're off to a good start. We'll definitely need any active talkgroups once they start using voice comms on the new HS Simulcast. I have all the AWIN tg's setup in HS Simulcast Quick Key to see which of those light up soon.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
No you heard that on the shared single stand alone site that is using some of the HS simulcast freqs. The actual simulcast will not be online until they find that 3rd site and then online it. The site your hearing IS an AWIN site, that is sharing one of the Hot Springs sites and freqs as was in the MOU between Garland County, City of Hot Springs, and AWIN.

INDY72

Not that I am aware of. Last I got was nearing finalized location for 3rd repeater.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
I figure that Hot Springs will be using AWIN as there primary system. I programmed the system into my 436hp and set it to ID Search and I'm only getting AWIN TGs

INDY72

Correct. Currently they are letting AWIN use one site as a stand alone temp site to fill in a weak spot in coverage. That will end once Hot Springs finalizes a new 3rd tower for it's 3 site simulcast. Garland County will then need to find another solution for that weak zone.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Currently they are letting AWIN use one site as a stand alone temp site to fill in a weak spot in coverage. That will end once Hot Springs finalizes a new 3rd tower for it's 3 site simulcast. Garland County will then need to find another solution for that weak zone.
Thank You for the system update. I programmed it as a X2 TDMA System in my 436hp so hopefully after Hot Springs gets their system finalized I will start getting HS TGs.

INDY72

Thank You for the system update. I programmed it as a X2 TDMA System in my 436hp so hopefully after Hot Springs gets their system finalized I will start getting HS TGs.
No no no. Not X2. No such critter anymore. It is Phase 2. X2 was before APCO finalized the TDMA standards for P25 trunking.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
No no no. Not X2. No such critter anymore. It is Phase 2. X2 was before APCO finalized the TDMA standards for P25 trunking.
Ah ok that was one of the trunking options on my 436hp. I just updated the programming to P25 Trunk so hopefully the scanner will recognize Phase 2 when HS switches over to their system. I was in Conway a couple of weeks ago and was listening to their CWIN system and noticed on my mobile Whistler WS1098 that they are still using phase 1 P25 but their system and radios are P25 phase 2 capable.

INDY72

That was the original plans. To stay stand alone. If they were going AWIN there would be use of TG already one the shared single site. They have not begun any use of AWIN even on the county layer. They have all the radios in everything but not using any on AWIN. That includes FD, PD, Transit, DPW. They are still on the old moto and conventional still. AWIN has not put out any comments that HS is going full AWIN. Not that I have seen. If they did I missed it.

Magnetsteve

That was the original plans. To stay stand alone. If they were going AWIN there would be use of TG already one the shared single site. They have not begun any use of AWIN even on the county layer. They have all the radios in everything but not using any on AWIN. That includes FD, PD, Transit, DPW. They are still on the old moto and conventional still. AWIN has not put out any comments that HS is going full AWIN. Not that I have seen. If they did I missed it.

Transit has AWIN in use. I do not recall the TG number off the top of my head, but I heard it the other day (I do not monitor transit regularly). I haven't heard transit on the old 800 system in about a month.

zenomorf

you did not miss it. they are not going full AWIN.

wrr20891

Apparently HSFD and most city services have switched to the new system. FD went dark on the UHF frequencies within the past month. The PD is still using their legacy 800 system, not planning to switch until the dispatch center is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.