Garland / Mesquite / Rowlett / Sachse P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I have not been logging the system for several weeks now. For the most part, everything I had does line up with the old system's talkgroups after conversion. There are many I have logged that do not correspond to any tg on the old system. Since the old GAR/MES systems have been on RR since it's inception, it's not a stretch to think there are many holes in the TG list.

Here is a list of some of the unknowns on the new system:
Code:
36	Unknown
39	Unknown
69	Unknown
131	Unknown
139	Unknown
141	Unknown
143	Unknown
145	Unknown
165	Unknown
179	Unknown
224	Unknown
226	Unknown
227	Unknown
259	Unknown
301	Unknown
769	Unknown
770	Unknown
785	Unknown
786	Unknown
787	Unknown
790	Unknown
791	Unknown

2049	Unknown
2065	Unknown
2071	Unknown
2075	Unknown
2079	Unknown
2099	Unknown
2107	Unknown
2109	Unknown
2111	Unknown
2113	Unknown
2115	Unknown
2117	Unknown
2118	Util/Water Unknown
2119	Unknown
2120	Unknown
2121	Unknown
2122	Unknown
2123	Unknown
2125	Unknown
2127	Unknown
2128	Unknown
2129	Unknown
2130	Unknown
2131	Unknown

3096	Unknown
3107	Unknown
3109	Unknown
3111	Unknown

8192	Unknown
8193	Unknown
8194	Unknown
8195	Unknown

Chance

Feed Provider
Yea. There were definitely several talk groups that I logged in Unitrunker over the last couple of years that were not in the RR database.. With the pending upgrade and low interest outside of Fire/Police, I never bothered to submit them.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Sachse has officially moved over to the new automated Dispatcher. I heard Truck 1 call on SFD-1 on the current system saying they received 'the call' and then the real Dispatcher gave them details of the Mutual Aid call for a Structure Fire in Wylie.

I was wondering why I didn't hear any tones! I was confused at first!

Chance

Feed Provider
That's unrelated. Sachse has been dispatched for mutual aid calls in Wylie and Murphy on the PAWM system. They monitor both systems for calls.

Chance

Feed Provider
From UniTrunker, I have not seen any Phase 1 voice calls at all. Not even during initial testing. There are a few frequencies that I have yet to see a Phase 2 call assigned to and seem to be reserved for data.

I am still monitoring the existing Garland analog system. Only public safety remains. It's kind of weird now as someone could use a 1990's era conventional scanner and not be troubled with the garbage guy followed by the dog catcher followed by the janitor, in the middle of a police chase.

I have also been recording audio from the new system over the last two weeks to ensure the talk groups all line up with the old systems. Everything does and even been able to fill a few holes and elaborate on the exact use, such as Garland Trash - Bulk Pickup. All pretty boring stuff, but these guys (and gals) really do earn their money.

Mesquite is still the wildcard for me. I don't listen to their old system or old VHF frequencies. There are obvious Water and Animal Control talk groups. But the rest is encrypted. I see activity through the night on a couple of talk groups which would probably be fire or police and not other emergency response like Garland Power that would likely not be encrypted.

I'll be putting together a full list of what I have tonight and submitting for RR database updates.

Mesquite VHF should be dead, all users have switched and I only had a keyup the other early morning (between 2-5am). The olny users left were meter/wastewater/distribution on channel 1, no one used channel 2 unless the ch1 repeater went down. Anyone else who popped up would be rare unless it was the garage doing a radio check.

Fire/police are still running all routine stuff on the old system, even surveillance as of a few weeks ago when I was awake in the day.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Today Mesquite switched over.. I pulled the Broadcastify audio for the old feed and just heard lots of keyups and the radio shop giving lots of tests.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Are all the Garland PD TG's encrypted? I read a few pages of the thread and didnt see this answer. I understand the TG's are phase II.

thanks

ce2576

Are all the Garland PD TG's encrypted? I read a few pages of the thread and didnt see this answer. I understand the TG's are phase II.

thanks

That's supposed to be the plan from what I've read
on other threads. If I remember right, I believe
Mesquite PD will be encrypted as well.

I noticed encrypted activity today
on three different talk groups:

Don't know who he user is though.

Anybody that has any possible talk group information should post as much as they can here so it can be a collaborative effort.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I had a friend who scanned and heard Mesquite PD, he stated the Dispatcher was in the clear but the Officers were encrypted.

Chance

Feed Provider
Anybody that has any possible talk group information should post as much as they can here so it can be a collaborative effort.

I submitted everything I know a few days ago, so it should be on the system page real soon once it is approved.

I've been recording audio for the last several weeks. And to my delight there was a guy testing many of the talkgroups out.. "Radio test FIRE IO CALL 1 2 3 4 5 5 4 3 2 1". Can't thank him enough for giving me the actual channel names!

Chance

Feed Provider
Old system is a ghost town

Everyone now appears to be off the old system now and using the new system.

As expected, Garland FD is in the clear. Except to the hospital

63 Garland FD Command
37 Garland FD Disp
59 Garland FD EMS
55 Garland FD Inspection
41 Garland FD Ops1
43 Garland FD Ops2
45 Garland FD Ops3
47 Garland FD Ops4
49 Garland FD Ops5 Admin/Supv
51 Garland FD Ops6
53 Garland FD Ops7
61 Garland FD Ops8
257 Garland FD Special Ops 1
259 Garland FD Special Ops 2
65 Garland FD Staging
73 Garland FD Training 1

Sachse
217 Sachse PD F1
219 Sachse PD F2
221 Sachse FD Dispatch
223 Sachse FD 2
224 Not sure yet.
225 Might be their encrypted PD tac channel.

The above is really the only interesting things left on the system not encrypted.

Oh yea... These might be cool when the stuff really hits the fan... Otherwise will likely be very seldom used.

Interop talkgroups. Heard Richardson confirming reception. Also saw a few patches, such as linking Sachse PD 1 to LAW IO CALL. In theory nearby agencies should be able to talk to each other.

769 LAW IO CALL
770 LAW IO 1
771 LAW IO 2
772 LAW IO 3
773 LAW IO 4
774 LAW IO 5
775 LAW IO 6?
785 FIRE IO CALL
786 FIRE IO 1
787 FIRE IO 2
788 FIRE IO 3
789 FIRE IO 4
790 FIRE IO 5
791 FIRE IO 6
792 FIRE IO 7

Chance

Feed Provider
GFD Dispatch is in Phase 1 Mode

If you have an older digital scanner not capable of Phase II or a Unication, Garland FD Dispatch is in Phase 1 mode and unencrypted. Not sure if it's on purpose or how long it will last.

37 Garland FD Disp

FenrisWolf

Premium Subscriber
Shame first PAWM with all the encryption now this. Anyone else feel the reception and quality of the new system is just worse get alot more clipping and just muffled audio now.

oh well anyone in Garland wanna make a new home for a BCD536HP and PSR800 lol.

twjr80

Feed Provider
Shame first PAWM with all the encryption now this. Anyone else feel the reception and quality of the new system is just worse get alot more clipping and just muffled audio now.

oh well anyone in Garland wanna make a new home for a BCD536HP and PSR800 lol.

At least with the PAWM system, the cities have their PD dispatch channels in the clear.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I was out judging at a car show today in Rowlett and Ladder 1 rolled by to check out the show, I stood by them to see if I could catch any traffic, you know, since they always have their portables blasting.

I caught 2 tone outs, they were both automated with an unfamiliar voice, not like Locution or anything I've ever heard, and the tones sounded like garbage, literally. It was 3 long tones, the third one sounded like it was destroying the radios speaker. They had to fluctuate the volume to hear the automated dispatcher since her voice is quiet and the tones are loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.