Garland PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396t and I have been trying to get Garland (Dallas County TX) to come up in a Motorola typ2 smartnet. I have tried it by loading just the control frequencies and than loading all frequencies and nothing. I loaded the frequencies in conventional and I hear them but I'm still getting nothing in type 2. I can hear the control signal on the correct freq but nothing happening on type 2 when I know there is radio trafficby listening to conventional. Anybody know about this system?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396t and I have been trying to get Garland (Dallas County TX) to come up in a Motorola typ2 smartnet. I have tried it by loading just the control frequencies and than loading all frequencies and nothing. I loaded the frequencies in conventional and I hear them but I'm still getting nothing in type 2. I can hear the control signal on the correct freq but nothing happening on type 2 when I know there is radio trafficby listening to conventional. Anybody know about this system?
Garland rebanded some time ago. To get this system to trunk-track correctly, you'll need to enter the custom band plan required. You'd also need to verify that your 396T is at firmware 3.00.00 or above (the most current for the 396T is 3.02.02).

Attached is a zipped FreeSCAN file for Garland.

Last edited:

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
XLFile

Steve, I have no way of reading a .996 file well. I tried to bring it into a BCD996 program I downloaded to no avail. I tried to open it and can see stuff in a word doc but really messed up. Is there any way you cam export it to xl? I really appreciate your getting it to me. I looked for banding info on the Garland page but couldn't find any.

Thanks,
Joel

Last edited:

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
Freescan

Just saw it was freescan and opened it... duh

Thank you,
Joel

FFjm

Premium Subscriber
And just made it finally work.... Thanks again.

Joel

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
And just made it finally work.... Thanks again.

Joel
You're welcome.

Most of the local systems have rebanded, if required to. However, for most of them, custom tables were not required. For Garland, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.