Garland TX New Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrc_radio

Anyone have info on new digital (encrypted) system being installed in Garland TX? What models of scanners will scan the new system?

ce2576

Since the new system will be 'encrypted' then you can forget about listening to it all. No scanner will ever be able to monitor encrypted radio transmissions. That would defeat the whole point of encryption in the first place.

Sent from my Nokia N1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Since the new system will be 'encrypted' then you can forget about listening to it all. No scanner will ever be able to monitor encrypted radio transmissions. That would defeat the whole point of encryption in the first place.

Chris,
Have you heard whether both PD and FD will be encryoted (ala Houston), or only the police talkgroups.

wrc_radio,
The new system will be P25 Phase II,. Garland & Mesquire will both be on the new system once it's fully operational (I have not seen a specific timeline for when).

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
So does anybody have any info on the Mobile and Portables radio's they'll use for the new Garland/Mesquite system?

Last edited:

ce2576

Chris,
Have you heard whether both PD and FD will be encryoted (ala Houston), or only the police talkgroups.

wrc_radio,
The new system will be P25 Phase II,. Garland & Mesquire will both be on the new system once it's fully operational (I have not seen a specific timeline for when).
I actually have no idea. The only thing I know is I remember reading something here in the forums a while back stating that the new system would be encrypted. Now as to whether or not it's PD only or if everything will be encrypted, that remains to be seen. I do not have any further insight or knowledge on this system other than what's been previously posted.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I actually have no idea. The only thing I know is I remember reading something here in the forums a while back stating that the new system would be encrypted. Now as to whether or not it's PD only or if everything will be encrypted, that remains to be seen. I do not have any further insight or knowledge on this system other than what's been previously posted.

Thanks Chris

I guess we'll all have to wait & see what Garland, and their current users (Rowlett & Sachse) do, as well as Mesquite.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
They are APX7000s from when I went to the Rowlett PD last. They just got them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.