Garrett county Md freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budpeed

Premium Subscriber
New member, Learned a lot from the group already.Have a BCT8.The factory antenna works great.Can hear MSP Hagerstown 39.340 clear.They are a busy bunch. Barrack is 100 miles from us.
Our house is at approx 2,900 ft,with a clear view to the East.
Question..Are there any other scanner chaps/ladies in county? Have all the police,fire,amb. freq from RR.
Are there any addill' that I should put in the unit?
Thanks for any information.
Bud

wmbio

MSP McHenry, Barrack W is only using 39.080 Mhz.simplex..Hagerstown Barrack B is cross banded to the new Washington County digital TRS system..So much traffic on 39.340 it is hard to keep up with who is talking to whom..

I would also load Allegany county for the east end of the county around Finzel and Big Savage Mt. area. Also include 44.740 for MSP Helo 5.

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:

MdListener

Bud, you are hearing Barrack "O" MSP Hagerstown so well because the patch from the county TRS, mentioned by wmbio, is made atop Fairview Mountain, just west of Clear Spring. MSP has a 39.340 transmitter there, so it's not surprising that given your high location, you are receiving it so strong.

Unfortunately, again as wmbio said, about 80% of that traffic on 39.340 is sheriff's department patched from their UHF system. Very congested and difficult to follow. I wouldn't be surprised if they all buy Exederin by the case in Wash Co - after 8 hours of listening to that anyone would have a headache.

budpeed

Premium Subscriber
That annoying 39.34 Hagerstown Freq. Tyme for a Guinness!

Evening Sir.
Thanks for the infor on 39.34.After a bit of"Say What?" and a couple nights of "Beats Me?"
I finally hit the Lock out button.What would be a decent,simple hand held unit for in car use?
Would it need a stick on car antenna?Was given the BCT8 for services rendered.And it seems that I have a new hobby! Travel between Balto,and Garrett county once a month roughly. Less in winter.
Wife and I love the mountains,but one has to really love Snow.
Don't mean to be a twit,but any help with choice of another toy much appreciated.
Best to staff.
Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.