Garrett County

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpg178

I am travelling to this area from PA this weekend, I see that PD/FIRE is analog, but that the same channels are on the FIRST system. Do they simulcast the FIRST to these analog channels or is the information outdated?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I am travelling to this area from PA this weekend, I see that PD/FIRE is analog, but that the same channels are on the FIRST system. Do they simulcast the FIRST to these analog channels or is the information outdated?
Garrett County is primary on FIRST. I believe the VHF channels are now used for tactical operations / DVRS - but they may also simulcast / multiselect dispatch for paging (not sure.) There is also a new standalone site for FIRST that is scheduled to go operational today that covers southern Garrett County - unfortunately it's not in the database yet.

cpg178

Thank you for that info, I guess my best bet is to program it in anyway and see if I get anything, dont have any P25 capability only analog. As a separate question. Do you know why there are multiple channels using the same input, tone and output? Do they just have each individual tower listed?1625159742037.png

maus92

Premium Subscriber
They would select the closest tower site to the incident / responding fire company to transmit from, as the legacy system was not simulcast. I assume it was the same procedure for the Sheriff (North, South, and West were associated with transmit sites.)

cpg178

Makes sense, the input PL tones must be different then. Since having everything the same would mean changing channels simply changes the name displayed on your radio pretty much

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Makes sense, the input PL tones must be different then. Since having everything the same would mean changing channels simply changes the name displayed on your radio pretty much
That would seem to be correct. The DNR used a similar scheme on their legacy system as well, e,g. different PLs for different sites. Hopefully some Garrett peeps will chime in with more details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.