Garth Brooks show

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I will be seeing Garth Brooks tomorrow night, so I figured I'd listen to show-related traffic tonight. Based on the amount of radio traffic you normally hear at Pespi Center Events, you would think this was an amish festival. AFAIK EMS doesn't have a dedicated channel for this event, and PD has only gotten TWO calls total so far, one for a DK party ejection and another involving a t-shirt vendor (and that call wasn't a big deal). Also, unlike every other Pepsi Center event I've heard, they didn't air information about show start times.

Also, does anyone know if a private ambulance company (i.e. Stadium Ambulance) that covers Pepsi Center Events?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Well they just got an assault call in Section 208, just as the first show is about to end. I guess I should retract my earlier comment a tad, the night is still early...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It varies per event Nate. Stadium Medical has the contract for Avalanche games for example but from the sounds of it Denver Health is covering the Garth concerts.

Jim<

Kevin_N

I'm sure the Garth fans are better behaved than for some other concerts. I'll be going to his last show if he's not in the hospital from exhaustion be then.

wtnfs

Stadium Medical has contracts with most of the teams in Denver to take care of the athletes. Denver Health is responsible for the venues and patrons.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Well it appears that Stadium Ambulance did provide EMS service, and they were using portables of some type. I'm guessing their portables were provided by the venue (mototrbo or nexedge system). It sounded like the police command center/security office was relaying EMS calls between the Stadium units and PD units, I heard no traffic on Green-1 or Green-2 from any Stadium busses. I did see about five Denver Fire units at various parts of the venue, but they were probably assigned to monitor/inspect the temporary rigging, fire code compliance and the like (which is a very important job, but unrelated to EMS).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.