Gaston County

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to find out if the following agencies are going to join Gastonia, Mt Holly, and Belmont Police Departments on the Char-Meck, Gaston 800 Mhz System.

The agencies are as follows:

Gastonia Fire

Gaston Ems

Gaston Emergency Management

Gaston Co. Fire

Gaston Co. Police

Gaston Co. Sheriff

I enjoy being able to listen to the above police departments, but it would be nice to hear the rest of Gastonia and Gaston Co. as well.

Please let me know and when this might be happening and if you know what the talkgroup id's would happen to be.

Thanks

David

Last edited:

ncjeepin98

All of those agencies are currently pursuing 800 capabilities. Gastonia Fire will most likely the next agency to come on board as the city is committed to go 800. The Gaston County agencies have just begun to explore the possibilities and funding. They have internal resistance to 800 and especially since they got the price tag a few weeks ago. All of these agencies are subject to the political will to fund the system. That is hard right now in this economy. However the life cycle of the current system is at its end so the money has got to be spent somewhere. So all of these agencies will go, its just a matter of time. Look for GFD to go within the next year or so.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I figured it would be a matter of time.

It's nice to listen to other counties from time to time. I have Gastonia PD on UHF in my scanner and it doesn't pick up well after you get on the other side of I-77 on I-85 back toward Concord.

Now with them on 800. What a world of difference I can monitor them all the way into Rowan County.

Same way with Viper, I can activate the Wake County system and monitor Raleigh Fire and I live 121 miles from there.

Technology is great sometime

David

Status
Not open for further replies.