Gastonia city freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
There was talk here that gastonia city was going 800.anyone have the freq's or any info?

qball

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that they will join the City of Charlotte radio system. There is a Charlotte intelli-repeater site in Cherryville and a simulcast site in southern Gaston County.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There is also a site next to the PD from what I have been told which would help with coverage in the entire city, which they would not have with just the Cherryville and southpoint sites.

I'll keep you guys updated with what I can, might have some sort of tapped scanner by then to run some programs for additional info. I need to remember to monitor the new tower site for any testing, but on a weekend it might not be there.

I am sad to see them go to 800mhz, besides loosing all real interops with locals, it will also put a pain into scanning. I'll have to dedicate a scanner just for them when I am listening now, and will also suck being limited to using a scanner instead of a real radio to monitor them.

Last edited:

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Ok been doing some control channel searching and found the charlotte system id 0f18 on 868.4625 site 3.Which isnt in the database.Comes in real good.will monitor this all week and see what comes up.

868.4625 cc

Only 2 channels that came up so far.

Last edited:

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> 868.4625 cc
>> 867.8750

I presume the other frequencies should be 866.3375, 867.375 and 867.875. The five frequencies are those licensed for the Cherryville site.

Those same 5 frequencies are also still licensed for the Red Fez Club (Lake Wylie) site, although I was under the impression that the Red Fez site was no longer in use.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I heard that the Red Fez site was converted from an IR site to a full simulcast site due to the high talkgroup usage in the ever growing southern side of Charlotte. I have not verified this info though.

Grog

Banned
Ok been doing some control channel searching and found the charlotte system id 0f18 on 868.4625 site 3.Which isnt in the database.Comes in real good.will monitor this all week and see what comes up.

868.4625 cc

Only 2 channels that came up so far.

That is Cherryville....

System ID: 0F18, Site: #3
313 Ridge Road in Cherryville (VIPER Cherryville site).
WQHB874
867.8750 CC
868.4625 CC

Pboy yanked his beam this way and got this from the Gastonia site :D It's showing as site # 2.

859.5375 Primary CC
859.1875 Alternate CC

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=2974167

Transmitter Address
210 E. LONG AVENUE
GASTONIA, NC GASTON County

Grog

Banned
I have been monitoring the Gastonia Char/Meck 800mhz site. On Saturday 6-14-08 at 10:31pm one key up on the TG 2064. It's listed as Mutual Aid - Police on the Char/Meck system page.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
So, I guess we can say the Red Fez frequencies went to Cherryville.

Now, the scary part. I didn't mention it yesterday, but I gave a listen to the frequencies Tactcom42 mentioned ,,, 868.4625 cc and 867.875 ... and heard a control channel on 867.875, instead.

I have to presume the Cherryville site is alternating between both those frequencies, because there's no other licensees anywhere near my location using 867.875. Even hearing Cherryville here is a bit shocking ... particularly off a discone.

Thanks for the Long Avenue license information. BTW - there is a "pending" appended to that license to add a fifth frequency ... 855.1125 MHz.

With regards to hearing TG 2064, that could have been a Meck or SHP unit passing through the county, a Gaston PD unit, or a Gastonia Police unit. For interoperability purposes, it was mentioned to me that CMPD was making available a template that includes all the Events and mutual aid talkgroups. That should essentially be what CMPD talkgroups that Monroe Fire has programmed in their 800 radios.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring the cherryville site all weekend.nuttin on this site yet.maybe during the week I will hear more.cherryville seems to come in alot better than the gastonia site.

Grog

Banned
Thanks for the Long Avenue license information. BTW - there is a "pending" appended to that license to add a fifth frequency ... 855.1125 MHz.

With regards to hearing TG 2064, that could have been a Meck or SHP unit passing through the county, a Gaston PD unit, or a Gastonia Police unit. For interoperability purposes, it was mentioned to me that CMPD was making available a template that includes all the Events and mutual aid talkgroups. That should essentially be what CMPD talkgroups that Monroe Fire has programmed in their 800 radios.

It had been mentioned to me that there would be another frequency, just not approved yet.

I figured that TG would be in everyones radios on the system, mutual aid is the reason everyone wants to jump on the trunking bandwagon.

I will say again I think it's a bad idea for Gastonia to go to 800, they are loosing their basic ability to simply communicate with every department that surrounds them and as sexy as ACUs and other things are, it's fundamentally backwards to switch away from everyone else that surrounds you when what you have works.

Except for a few token radios, you're not going to see the county (either police or sheriff) go to 800mhz, and the smaller PDs who rely on the county police for dispatching (as they operate on the main county channel) will stay with them as well (Ranlo, Lowell, Cramerton, and McAndenville).

I am glad I sold my UHF HT1000s when I did, I'd hate to not be able to use them for listening :D

pboy

The fifth frequency pending is a non public safety allocation that Char/Meck holds. Awaiting special FCC approval for its use at this site.

800 MHz space is hard to come by now. Guess VIPER has snatched quite a bit of the spectrum in NC.

Last edited:

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Ok today on site 3 cherryville.I notice that someone or something is keying up on all channels.One after the other.but no ids.just keying up on freq.useing a pro-2004.and running unitrunker on a pro-2036.comes in great.gastonia site sucks so far.have to work on getting that one better.

Status
Not open for further replies.