Gates County Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Trying to set up a unication pager with tones for Gates Fire/EMS, can anyone help out ? Do they have pagers tests and if so when is it done ?

Thanks

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hey Mike, No set schedule for testing pagers in Gates County. Usually around 4-6 pm the dispatcher will announce meetings by paging out members of the various fire departments if they have a training meeting or regular meeting for that particular day. It varies depending on which station has a meeting on that particular day. Each station has their own set of sequential tones including NC Forestry in the Gates office. The Gates County EM also has their own tone out. 321.7/358.6 is the rescue squad (station 80) and they cover the whole county for EMS and rescue squad (vehicle extrication) calls. I am a member of station 80.

Hope this helps

Richard

richardbritt

Database Admin
I just read my personal pager that I programmed several years ago. Here are the tones I programmed in it for Gates County. I do not have the station numbers anymore but here are the tones.

321.7/358.6 station 80 EMS station only

358.6/524.6 I think this is the Emergency Manager tone out who goes to all the working fires and severe calls

339.6/321.7 unknown FD

378.6/321.7 unknown FD

422.1/321.7 unknown FD

399.8/321.7 unknown FD

358.6/321.7 unknown FD

These are all the FD tones with exception of Forestry

Regards

Richard

richardbritt

Database Admin
I have verified that the tones are correct. I programmed my pager because my issued pager goes off for all EMS calls and I am not EMS, I am on the rescue squad in the same station and I drive the crash truck. I got tired of waking up all night for EMS calls and I know that if the crash truck needs to respond to a roll over, a FD always gets called out.

Regards

Richard

richardbritt

Database Admin
Station 70 is the Corapeake FD and they have the same tones as station 40 in Sunbury as they are a satellite station of station 40. The verified tone of that station is in the list I sent as one of the unknown FDs.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Also the EMS tone I sent is the same one I sent already. Station 80 is the only EMS station and only has the one tone I sent.

richardbritt

Database Admin
The 470.5/321.7 is not a fire department tone sequence. Possibly NC Forester in the county or Gates County Magistrate (they get dispatched on 154.1 as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.