Gatlinburg Police and Gatlinburg Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

Have a couple of questions regarding Gatlinburg Police and Gatlinburg Fire. I realize GPD has their own dispatch and GFD is dispatched by central 911. Does GPD and GFD use the nexedge coventional like SPD for primary comms or do they use land air trunking? Or do they jump back and fourth? I thought I had heard at one time they used coventional, one of the two. I have only ever monitored the paging frequency to monitor GFD.

fredva

Feed Provider
Looks like the dispatch talkgroups for both agencies are encrypted. As I recall, Pigeon Forge police is about the only law enforcement that is regularly in the clear.

Sevier County TN has one of the most complicated, disjointed public safety radio systems in the country. Search this forum for other discussions about the county.

zachgallop

Yes, I have looked at that. Lol. Did again also with that link. In this area, not many people keep the database updated especially anything to do with nexedge. It is not always accurate. For example, Jefferson City and White Pine have been using Nexedge for awhile no one had submitted it. Did last night. Also, People think SPD uses land air but they use coventional for primary. The Sevier county database has always been county and confusing communications wise.

Looks like the dispatch talkgroups for both agencies are encrypted. As I recall, Pigeon Forge police is about the only law enforcement that is regularly in the clear.

Sevier County TN has one of the most complicated, disjointed public safety radio systems in the country. Search this forum for other discussions about the county.

Yes, I agree. I monitor Piegon Forge PD on TACN now since they changed, they were not within range of me usually before. Someone I know monitors SPD on coventional Nexedge. I had actually seen this in the discussions that you could monitor it on coventional but also saw conflicting info in the discussions. I have only ever heard Gatlinburg PD dispatch (500) on the analog 460.500 MHz channel talking with other dispatch centers. So was asking on here to see if someone else could confirm what their primary comms are, since I saw conflicting info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.