GATRRS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Today, I was updating GATRRS when I noticed the highlighted blue talk groups. When I clicked on these, it took me to Broadcastify. I am assuming these are the talk groups associated with GATRRS and Broadcastify. Here is the question.

Why are these Broadcastify talk groups listed when the are clearly marked "DE?"

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We might have captured some encrypted transmissions on Broadcastify calls and/or there might have been an unencrypted transmission or two. If we did capture encrypted transmissions you’ll just hear the garbled audio

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
So, did they change it to where a scanner can monitor dispatch channels for LE in WILCO. I heard a rumor they were opening dispatch, but was not sure. Does the bold blue online indicator mean that a feed is picking up some clear communications, as in "De" on the online scanner? If so, reprogramming will be in order. Don't know if the the RR DB was up to date. I am a bit confused on this one. I am rather excited thinking that this is possible, but I know that some scanners can hear active "E", such as GRE/Whistler models. The 436 I have blocks the sound.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am afraid I was a bit optimistic. I looked for WILCO online and there was nothing.

bbman1982

As of right now Williamson County LE are still encrypted. I don’t know if that’s gonna change in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.