GATRRS (West Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I seem to be kind of confused here. What is Pbrin which I never heard of until today? Is Pbrin using Pool Road site?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
And the inter-op ability needed I think is gone. Midland PD running to ative shooter in midland county and noone seems to be able to talk to each other
You saying that MPD could not communicate with the SO or DPS?

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
If op needs to move comment, please do so since Permian basin was consolidated here. Anyone know different? Buzz is ector county now may have moved to Odessa system and encrypted comms. If accurate, this may mean old pbrin is. Ow deprecated. Dps may still be there but idk

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sorry. Going to say it. Odessa is a POS City. I live here. Active Shooter between Midland and Odessa and they cannot talk to each other. Midland should have sat their ass here in midland. That city want to not have interopobility and control stuff, then fix your own active shooter.

Sorry, but I a bit pissed off our blue cannot talk to each other. Interoperability is NEEDED for crap like this!!!!

mostinterestingman

Premium Subscriber
They will blame it on the technology, not administration or lack of leadership. They will add additional gateways for patching, even though whats in place probably wasn't even thought of or used. The one guy that knows how to use it was probably on vacation or retired, and no one else gives a **** and probably couldn't figure out how to patch it. They never do. Even if everyone is on the same shared radio system, they still wouldn't figure out how to get on the same talk group.

I bet KE5PL's phone was ringing off the hook "How do we talk, how do I build a patch again?"

The P's of interoperability, Programming, Procedures, PRACTICE and Politics.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Sorry. Going to say it. Odessa is a POS City. I live here. Active Shooter between Midland and Odessa and they cannot talk to each other. Midland should have sat their ass here in midland. That city want to not have interopobility and control stuff, then fix your own active shooter.

Sorry, but I a bit pissed off our blue cannot talk to each other. Interoperability is NEEDED for crap like this!!!!

There is Metro 1 control by City of Midland and Metro 2 control by Odessa, was these not used Saturday? There is the 8 Call and 8 Tacs.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Even if something was in place with a situation like that officers are not focused on finding alternative interop channels in their radios, especially in the early stages of the event.
This is where radio training and practice comes in.
I am in Dallas. New system came on line over a year ago and that system (multiple agencies) have set up Law / Fire calling and Tac channels. In the beginning it was not used. Now its active several times a week as agencies get used to being able to talk to each other and even though officers are not great at switching channels, the dispatchers are good at patching them in. When the dust settles, dispatch is clear, hey taking patch down, units who need to communicate with xxxx switch your radio to Law IO 1..
This is working well for those agencies.

I dont like seeing mass shootings but its the reality we live in.
If these neighboring agencies dont want to share radios they need to have an alternative in place. Practice using it and teach users how to use it.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Any update on Gomez Peak being connected back to GATRRS?

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
There is Metro 1 control by City of Midland and Metro 2 control by Odessa, was these not used Saturday? There is the 8 Call and 8 Tacs.

I didnt catch them there. There were issues, but it all started in Midland too.

I have kind of moved on from this issue now. Dynamic regrouping could solve it overall if feature available. Then all it takes is dispatcher to move the radios involved. Dont know if harris system in midland has that option. I will benefit of the doubt, they did not know maybe at time in odessa what was up in Midland,

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Anyone able to confirm if PBRIN Pool Rd sit down? Not getting the control channel anymore, but do get the Odessa System Control. I think it may have possibly shut down now with Ector SO moving to Odessa System

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Scratch that. PBRIN is OFFICIALLY DEAD. The frequencies from the pool road site have been programmed into Odessa switch it appears per the control channel. Odessa site is 11 frequency system now.

rbarker

Robert
So I'm being told by 2 different sources that something changed. For Johnson City the 152.2175 control channel has changed to 152.210
For Blanco the 152.8175 control channel has changed to 152.810
Both people swear that this was a change and have checked it with several different radios. Is it possible that the transmitters drifted?
1 (1)078 (4E)Johnson CityBlanco152.2175a152.6975152.7875c
1 (1)079 (4F)BlancoBlanco152.5475152.6375a152.8175c

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
So I'm being told by 2 different sources that something changed. For Johnson City the 152.2175 control channel has changed to 152.210
For Blanco the 152.8175 control channel has changed to 152.810
Both people swear that this was a change and have checked it with several different radios. Is it possible that the transmitters drifted?
1 (1)078 (4E)Johnson CityBlanco152.2175a152.6975152.7875c
1 (1)079 (4F)BlancoBlanco152.5475152.6375a152.8175c

These are Western Counties not Permian Basin, but anyway...

I highly doubt they would drift that much (if at all). I'd put money on they finally decided to put those sites on their own frequencies as opposed to sharing with Watson and Bertram...but I could be wrong.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I noticed the Andrews site is missing from the RR database. Is it not on the air any longer? Or did it never make the transition to GATRRS?

ETA...

And Big Spring is missing as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.