GATTRS Broadcastify Calls Nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've setup Broadcastify Calls Nodes for the GATTRS system in the Austin Metro Area. It is capturing Simulcast 1 and 2 and the Williamson County Simulcast Site.

It's working super well to identify talkgroups that have not been ID'd yet

Can anyone maybe think about deploying nodes for Bastrop, Caldwell etc?

KTR722

Feed Provider
I've setup Broadcastify Calls Nodes for the GATTRS system in the Austin Metro Area. It is capturing Simulcast 1 and 2 and the Williamson County Simulcast Site.

It's working super well to identify talkgroups that have not been ID'd yet

Can anyone maybe think about deploying nodes for Bastrop, Caldwell etc?
The audio so far sounds way better than before! I would be more than interested in helping out but you have the 3 nodes that I would be best suited for contributing already covered (GATRRS Sites 1, 2, 20).

I do have a technical question; the few times that I have setup playlists to monitor very specific feeds, I still will hear traffic on my radio that does not come across the nodes platform. This is pretty common still even from listening to it this morning; the application notes state that this platform is able to ingest "every" call that comes across...its that really true or is it just the first call that the scanner is able to lock on and any other simultaneous conversations get dropped?

KTR722

Feed Provider
Just one example from Lakeway PD, there is a conversation at 10:55:56-10:56:13 between a Bee Cave officer and Lakeway PD dispatch that I heard on my scanner but did not come across the Calls platform. The red line on the Calls platform is where the gap is.
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.05.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.04.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.05.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.04.35 AM.png

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I might need to increase the amount of recorders we have on the system. Right now it's set at 15 which might be a problem... I'll probably need to filter out a few more talkgroups like public works and busses etc. But yes, it does capture every call up to a max of 15 simultaneous as of now. We might be bumping up against that max..

Stay tuned...

KTR722

Feed Provider
I might need to increase the amount of recorders we have on the system. Right now it's set at 15 which might be a problem... I'll probably need to filter out a few more talkgroups like public works and busses etc. But yes, it does capture every call up to a max of 15 simultaneous as of now. We might be bumping up against that max..

Stay tuned...

Are you able to do that all with just one radio/scanner?

Ill listen to it again tonight and see if I hear any misses.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
While we already have a thread open, does anyone know if there is a way to see what site is being used with a talkgroup on Broadcastify Calls? I am specifically curious what sites are being used to hear the TGs for the SAUA system.

schnowzer08

@blantonl this is awesome, thank you for the share!

I am interested in setting this up in the Hutto TX area (Probably wont be able to hear much) and already have multiple SDR dongles lying idle.

Do you have any photos of your setup?

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'd be interested in setting up and hosting one in the DFW area for the Fort Worth system. It's grown quite a bit and has almost every city in Tarrant County on it now.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I'd be interested in setting up and hosting one in the DFW area for the Fort Worth system. It's grown quite a bit and has almost every city in Tarrant County on it now.
I thought about doing one for the Johnson county site a while back, but the computer I use for my feeds has trouble decoding SDR with only 2GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.