• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

gay marriages legal/not legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

maalox

ny supreme court say it is illegal for gay marriages in nyc. should it be legal or not legal.

Last edited:

kc8syo

I say let em get married as long as they love each who cares. Theres other things in this world to worry about. Like idiots with missles. Have a nice day:)

Radio1114

maalox said:
ny supreme court say it is illegal for gay marriages in nyc. whats your opinion.
As far as I am concerned as long as they don,t bother me they can do what ever they want.It is not my cup of tea,but in todays world there is many other things to worry about.

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
Like Tina Tuna's song says, "Whats' love got to do with it" ?? :twisted:

ac4lt

I skimmed the decision and while I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV, it seemed to amount to "the legislature has traditionallly discriminated against gays and because we have a long history of doing it, that makes it OK."

Though I believe that marriage equality will eventually be realized, the circular logic used by the judges to justify discrimination gives me a new appreciation for the lengths people will go to to rationize bigotry.

morfis

Late last year in the UK same-sex couples were allowed enter into a civil partnership arrangement which gives the partners similar rights financially to those that a traditionally married couple would have. Elton John and David Furnish were amongst the first to go this route (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4546670.stm).

There is, however no provison for same-sex 'marriage'

cellblock776

kc8syo said:
I say let em get married as long as they love each who cares. Theres other things in this world to worry about. Like idiots with missles. Have a nice day:)
Well said. Add high gas prices to that list of things to worry about.

N

N_Jay

Maybe its just me, but "Marriage" has an established definition.

If people would like to create a new type of "family Union", that is fine.
Then each state can decide if it wants to accept the "Unions" from other States.

But when you start redefining marriage, then the laws of one state start impacting other states.

Can someone give me ONE good reason why a Gay Couple needs to get married?

b52hbuff

rpowley said:
Why should "straights" have a monopoly on the wonderment and joys of marriage?:wink:
Because it was a 'gift' bestowed upon them by their creator. They are the only ones capable of procreation.

When two gay guys can have a baby 'naturally', then I'll consider that they can get married. Until then, I'd like to save marriage for folks who can 'reasonably' produce and raise a child.

I've posted some snippets below, but I encourage folks to read the entire article.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38331
Why, then, doesn't a child's right to begin life with a mother and father have any impact on the millions of people who either advocate same-sex marriage or can't make up their minds on the issue?

Among gay activists, the reason is narcissism. Though gays already have the right to raise children without an opposite-sex parent, and the right to adopt children, gay activists want society to enshrine one-sex parenting with its highest seal of approval – marriage. For gay activists, the fact that a child does best with a good mother and good father is of no significance (or worse, denied). All that matters is what is good for gays.

Were they to admit the obvious truth – that same-sex marriage means society will legally and deliberately deprive increasing numbers of children of either a mother or a father – few Americans would support the legal redefinition of marriage and family.

So, same-sex marriage advocates now argue that children do not do better with a mother and a father.

Joseph11

I'm against gay marriage, but not against gay people (as long as they don't bother me).

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
How does a gay marriage directly affect anyone? As far as it being a "gift" from a "creator". Im not a fan of faith based decisions.Which is sadly becoming the trend more and more in this country. I wouldnt be surprised to see gay marriages have lower divorce rates than straight marriages. Call it what you want. Union, marriage , life partner combination.....The term marriage shouldnt be reserved for some certain group. Let em in on the misery.. I mean Mystery of what marriage holds.

Just my 2 cents.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Well said...You can't base anything off of faith, because it's your faith your basing it off of not necessarly mine :) It also requires one to believe how we were created and just who the "maker" is....You are not the only one with beliefs..I know I know another topic, but I am replying to your point b52hbuff.

I do not have a problem with it..Whatever a person wants to do, they should be allowed to do..Who are we to tell someone what they can and can't do? Something that is happening way to often with our govenment..

Last edited:

SCPD

rpowley said:
Why should "straights" have a monopoly on the wonderment and joys of marriage?:wink:
...And Divorce :)

I don't think marriage is today what it once was anyhow. Like Christmas and many other holidays it's just a giant commercialized undertaking for a couple--straight or gay--to burn up money they don't have.

Let 'em at it.

SCPD

Joseph11 said:
I'm against gay marriage, but not against gay people (as long as they don't bother me).
Same here, it seems that I always am bothered by gay people, thats why I sometimes disagree with them. But like Joeseph said, as long as they dont bother me, I have nothing against them. Either way though, I still disagree with gay marrage.

-Dylan

elk2370bruce

Whether the moral majority that feeds congress with opinion and $ likes to admit it or not, keeping it illegal is not stopping it from happening. Hell, even straight people have their relational problems. Live and let live and keep your personal life to yourself cause it is no one's business any who!

b52hbuff

scanner_freak said:
Well said...You can't base anything off of faith, because it's your faith your basing it off of not necessarly mine :) It also requires one to believe how we were created and just who the "maker" is....You are not the only one with beliefs..I know I know another topic, but I am replying to your point b52hbuff.

I do not have a problem with it..Whatever a person wants to do, they should be allowed to do..Who are we to tell someone what they can and can't do? Something that is happening way to often with our govenment..
I suggest you read the article, but I think this one quote summarizes the point for me:
Why, then, doesn't a child's right to begin life with a mother and father have any impact on the millions of people who either advocate same-sex marriage or can't make up their minds on the issue?

Legitimizing gay marriage means that we legitimize denying a child a father and a mother. Despite the patelogical arguements that there are dysfunctional 'traditional' families, I still think that children learn different life skills from each parent.

...there, a non-faith-based arguement...

Next question, if gay marriage is legal, then why not bigamy? If the state cannot enforce that marriage is between a man and a woman, then how can they reasonably enforce the number of folks entered into 'marriage'?

b52hbuff

Joseph11 said:
I'm reminded of a quote by comic Steve McGrew:
"Be gay. Be proud. Be quiet! Why do you all have to run around with sparklers hanging out of your a** yelling... I'm gay! I'm gay! ?"

Why can't some choices remain private? I don't need to know you eat your own boogers. I don't need to know you eat your own ear wax. I don't need to know you enjoy certain types of sex. I wouldn't discriminate against folks that eat boogers, but I don't need to be hearing about it all the time.

N

N_Jay

People keep missing the big issue.

Why should one state be allowed to create a law that affects people in other states.

The states have agreed to what Marriage is and to recognise each others.

For one state (or city) to redefine it is not proper.

Again, one GOOD reason why gay marriage is needed?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Do you have a good one why it is not? And your point above is NOT it....

I have a Good one why it should.....BECAUSE THEY WANT TO???!!!

This thread is a waste of time because neither side is going to win :) My major point is people should be FREE to do as they please and Government should not say to them "I'm sorry, You can't do that..(Non-Criminal obviously) Maybe it's just the anti-government running my life mentality here..But hey..That's how I feel..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.