• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GD-77 Programming Issue CTCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo695

Hello, Folks. Anyone experiencing a problem with the GD-77 programming software accepting a selection of a PL? I select the correct tone when programming an analog channel by using the drop down menu and the field populates properly. When I go back into the channel to check all data entries, however, I see that it's either defaulted back to "NONE" or its garbled. Should I be entering the digits instead of using the drop down? Thanks everyone !

Drumbum

Yes I hear it's an issue that's going to be addressed in a future software update ,, I am however still making my codeplug, I haven't gotten to the conventional part yet , but hear lot of people complaining about the tones on the FB page

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Drumbum

I have v1.1.2 and have no problelm saving PL tones on analog channels...
Is that the one that was released this week? That is the version I have , haven't tried PL tones yet, that's great if its fixed

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know it is the latest version. I have it because I was helping a close friend get his working. My radio should be delivered tomorrow.

Astro_Spectra

I have v1.1.2 and have no problelm saving PL tones on analog channels...

Can you elaborate? I find that whatever CTCSS is entered, the RX tone defaults to 21.6, see attachment for an example. This is from V1.1.2.

Attachments

• 146 CTCSS.jpg
    146 CTCSS.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,904

Jimbo695

I also have 1.1.2. It takes the correct entry but when I move out and then return to the channel it's defaulted either to "none" or something like 2e.0. This also happens if I enter the PL rather than using the drop down.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PL tones

Just opened the code plug I have been working on, and all PL tones I checked were as entered. I am running 64 bit Windows 10. What versions are those with problems using?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, I haven't even tried Rx PL tones, but the Tx PL tones are saved to file and reload properly. However, I've now installed v1.1.3 and will be using that to program my radio when it's delivered tomorrow. Reportedly the PL 'bug' has been fixed in the latest version.

Drumbum

Well, I haven't even tried Rx PL tones, but the Tx PL tones are saved to file and reload properly. However, I've now installed v1.1.3 and will be using that to program my radio when it's delivered tomorrow. Reportedly the PL 'bug' has been fixed in the latest version.
Where did you get 1.1.3? I tried a few PL tones last night on 1.1.2 and I can confirm the same problem, I am also WIN 10 64bit

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Where did you get 1.1.3? I tried a few PL tones last night on 1.1.2 and I can confirm the same problem, I am also WIN 10 64bit

Facebook Group for Radioddity Two Way Radio
Direct download link: GD-77 V1.1.3.zip

I strongly advise anyone with this radio to join the Facebook group as Jasmine Chow (support) is very proactive there with posting software and firmware updates as they are released.

BTW, v1.1.3 has now removed the need for a "Password" when entering Advanced Mode in the programming software. Advanced Mode unlocks more features in the software.

Astro_Spectra

V1.1.3 does not completely fix the CTCSS issue.

With existing code plugs, if you enter a tone for TX then go to another channel and return the TX tone is transferred to RX overwriting the previous RX tone and the TX tone is blank again.

Same with a new (blank CP).

Drumbum

Okay that's what I thought because I downloaded the version that they had when they released it it also still says version 1.2.2 on it

Astro_Spectra

I strongly advise anyone with this radio to join the Facebook group as Jasmine Chow (support) is very proactive .

I don't do Facebook, it's evil. If you're keen you could post these bugs:

1) Fix the talk permit tone, it doesn't seem to work with any settings. It is important for DMR.

2) The Admit Criteria does not seem to work properly, is doesn't seem to test for Color Code free.

If you transmit during the repeater tail the error message reference to CTCSS which is not correct.
Also Note the help talks about*Capacity Plus Personality and Linked Capacity Plus Personality channel. That's looks like a Moto cut/paste.

3) In the Boot Item, Intro Screen, there is an option to use a Picture with a "Format: 128*64; balck and white; bmp" There is no information on where the picture file should be stored. Black is spelt incorrectly in the help.

4) Fix the CTCSS issue.

I know that (1) is on the firmware release list for but it doesn't hurt to hammer it again, it's probably related to (2).

(3) Should be easy.

(4) Is obviously a CPS software bug, uninitialized pointer? index to parameter stack wrong?

Astro_Spectra

Just to be clear the V1.1.2 CPS has the CTCSS fault described in post #6 above while the V1.1.3 behaviour is as in post #13.

Jimbo695

Folks, I see that it is possible to set the PL for each frequency in the rig itself via the keypad. Not convenient but better than not being able to access the repeater at all.

Also, is it possible that this problem is related to using expert programming mode rather than basic?

Jimbo695

For those of us who are not on Facebook and who do not want to sign up, can someone post the software here please? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.