Geauga County 800 control channel question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone in Geauga County had any issues with the control channel 856.0375 it seems that after a transmission the scanner does not continue to scan it just stays on that frequency and sounds like there is an open mic with no talking. Then you have to push the scan button to continue scanning till it stops on tha frequency again. All other control channel frequencies continue to scan after a transmision with no problems.

Thanks,
jludlow

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I have Geauga County system on my scan list all the time, never have noticed any hang up ..
I'm using HP-1, from Kent.

kf8yk

I haven't noticed any problems with my radios.

I put the control channel back on 856.0375, let us know if you still have an issue. Also report back what type of scanner your using.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You may have a birdie or interference near that frequency causing it to hang.

Try adjusting your squelch or moving the radio or antenna a little.

I recommend an 800 MHz. antenna if you haven't one already.

Last edited:

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
I haven't noticed any problems with my radios.

I put the control channel back on 856.0375, let us know if you still have an issue. Also report back what type of scanner your using.

So far this evening everything seems to be scanning A-ok. I'll report back if I seem to have an issue again also the radios I'm using are a Uniden BCD 996XT, a BCD396xt, a BCD996T and a Radioshack Pro-96 Thanks for responding to my question.

jludlow

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
Listen to scanner this evening uniden 996xt (Wendsday night) and the same problem is happening 856.0375 after transmission just a sound like there was an open mic. it's just on this frequency all others are fine. I even took my hand held uniden bcd396xt and my radio shack pro-96 and walked around in my yard and it just stayed on that frequency till I hit scan. I'm clueless at whats happening....

kf8yk

jludlow what's your location? We don't need your address, just a general location.
I have an idea on what may cause this but I need to know where it's happening.

Also on your Uniden scanners check the 'Set End Code' setting:

Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual

If it's not turned on please turn it on for analog or analog+digital & report back if it corrects your problem.

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you got my last post I live in Middlefield Village and I set the End Set Code to Analog and Digital and so far all seems good!

Thanks,
jludlow

kf8yk

System problem fixed, you should be able to turn off the end code detect & have no issues now.

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
kf8yk,Thanks for all your help all seems to be working good I turned off the end code detect and have no longer had any more issues. thanks again.

jludlow

Status
Not open for further replies.