Geauga County [OH] Alpha Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake01

From Geauga County [OH] The seven digit number Alpha Tags IDs come up , that 19505, County 28 PD, Dispatch for Local Twp/Village PD, but I don't know what Twp/Village they are for. Can someone help me out and tell me what Twp/Village they are for, with there seven digit numbers. I know some of them in Geauga County , But not those.I appreciate your time . Thanks

kf8yk

The Twp/Village PD talk group is used by all local law enforcement dispatched by the Sheriffs Office.

Chardon City and Bainbridge Township provide their own dispatch service and therefore have their own talkgroups. South Russell Village contracts with Chagrin Falls (Cuyahoga County) for dispatch and uses CFPD's dispatch talkgroup.

All other law enforcement in Geauga is either a local Twp/Village PD on 19505 or a Sheriff unit on 19504.

A list of the unit identifiers is already in the Wiki

jake01

Geauga County [Oh] IDs

Thanks, I know what you are talking about. But this is what I am looking for. This is from Lake County:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Lake_County_(OH)_Radio_IDs_on_MARCS

But I did find a few from Geauga County
Middlefield= 2801514 the 15 is the key number for Middlefield the first two numbers after 280 short for 2800

Chester=2801013 the 10 is the key number
Chardon= 2801252 the 12 is the key number
Bainbridge=2801773 the 17
Sheriff Base=2800000 the 00
Sheriff cars= 2800200 the02
I see the 280plus four more numbers come up from a County 28 PD Dispatch, but I don't know who they are yet.
It works just like Lake County numbers, but Lake County only use four numbers not seven. the last two are for the car number, but they not right anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
I'm confused. I think you are confusing TG (Talk Group) TXID or UID (Transmitter ID or Unit ID) and radio unit numbers.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I believe he is wanting the Radio IDs (RIDs) to distinguish who the agency is he is hearing.
Looking at the Wiki for Geauga County I don't see any RIDs listed so I guess no one has mapped that out yet, as has been done in Lake County.

jake01

Geauga County RIDs

You are right Mark. I am looking for the RIDs to distinguish who the Twp/Village are that I am hearing that the County 28 PD Dispatch to . I thought someone in Geauga County would know.I see them on my scanner when they answer the Dispatch, but I don't know who they are. How would I find out? Thanks for your time.

jake01

Geauga County IDs

Yes, I know Eric would know the list. He knows me. But I hate to ask him. Mark from Fairport told me he is very busy. Maybe if he see's this he could find time to give me the list, I would appreciate it. I don't know where else to look! Thanks

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You are right Mark. I am looking for the RIDs to distinguish who the Twp/Village are that I am hearing that the County 28 PD Dispatch to . I thought someone in Geauga County would know. I see them on my scanner when they answer the Dispatch, but I don't know who they are. How would I find out? Thanks for your time.

Some counties have a scheme which assigns a "block" of radio IDs to a given function or agency, while others simply assign the next available ID when a new radio comes in. Most agencies will not release talkgroup or RID information to the general public, however.

Best thing to do is listen to Geauga County units and map out the IDs, then put it in the Geauga County wiki. Discovering things in this manner is half the fun of this hobby, anyway.

Please remember, though, that posting information which can personally identify any individuals is not permitted.

You might also check the Geauga County Wiki http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Geauga_County_(OH) which has a list of agency unit numbers. They'll certainly identify themselves on the air with those numbers, which would solve your dilemma on who is who.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.