Geauga County rebanding,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

pear4710

Premium Subscriber
I can not find anywhere that Geauga County has rebanded but lately all of the sheriff's frequencies appear abandoned. Anyone have any info about any frequency changes? The freq's listed in the Radio Reference Database seem to still be the old ones.

SCPD

QRT
I'm listening to Geauga Co SO at this moment.
You have all the control channels programmed in? They rotate them you may know.

pear4710

Premium Subscriber
Ed,,, now I'm starting to feel like a crazy person. All day, on 3 separate scanners, I was receiving nothing. After I looked at your post I turned the scanners on and.............................................. they are there. I never experienced anything like that before. The only thought that I could come up with was that they rebanded, which I know is in the future. All seems normal now. Thanks so much for your post. I appreciate the help.

kf8yk

Nothing has changed on the 800 MHz system -- yet.

All of the subscriber radios have been reprogrammed for rebanding and a drive test to record coverage is next on the schedule. Infrastructure retuning is scheduled for January.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
Nothing has changed on the 800 MHz system -- yet.

All of the subscriber radios have been reprogrammed for rebanding and a drive test to record coverage is next on the schedule. Infrastructure retuning is scheduled for January.

Why do rebandings occur anyway? To improve reception and/or eliminate communication bottlenecks? Lake County recently rebanded, and if I recall correctly, they're actually using less channels now, which seems a bit odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.