Geauga County Road Dept Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone in the Geauga County area knows what frequencies the county road dept. is using now? I have all known freq. programed in my scanner but have not heard them at all this year while plowing. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.. Thanks..

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't have an answer. However, you stated that you "have all the frequencies" programmed in but you didn't mention talkgroups. So I'm assuming you do not have the Geauga Co trunked system programmed in. I'm betting there is / was a lot of activity from the Public Works departments listed as active on the trunked system.

Go here: Geauga County Trunking System, Geauga County, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Take a look under the Public Works section, where you would find the road crews.

If you aren't monitoring this system, you may need to in order to hear who you want to hear [because departments that were using conventional frequencies last year may have switched to the county system this year]. And if the department you are looking for is not listed under the Public Works section, that doens't mean that department isn't active on the trunked system - it could just be that nobody has submitted talkgroups for that department yet.

If you _are_ monitoring the Geauga Co trunked system, you might want to make sure to run in Open Mode / ID Search Mode, or in GRE digital scanner lingo, add a Group Wildcard.

Mike

Last edited:

kf8yk

I was wondering if anyone in the Geauga County area knows what frequencies the county road dept. is using now? I have all known freq. programed in my scanner but have not heard them at all this year while plowing. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.. Thanks..

County Engineer: 45.800 & 45.480 MHz

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
Geauga County Road Dept.

Thanks for the response on my question. I do have the Geauga County trunk system is my scanner But the County Road Dept. is not on that system. Also the frequencies that another member listed 45.480 and 45.800 are the freqencies that they were using before and are the ones that I have programed in my scanner but there is nothing on them.

kf8yk

45.480 and 45.800 are the freqencies that they were using before and are the ones that I have programed in my scanner but there is nothing on them.

They're there, just not very active. Keep in mind that this is low band simplex, a handheld scanner with the standard rubber duck antenna is going to work poorly. You need to have a decent mobile or outdoor antenna to hear most of the conversations.

jludlow

Premium Subscriber
I found out from someone I know at the county that they no longer use those frequencies they are now on that direct to talk from nextel.

Status
Not open for further replies.