General AOR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycap

First, what does it mean when the AOR ads say the user can monitor “data” along with am, fm, etc?
Second, why is it that none of their receivers receive P25? I am aware of that monster P25 add on box they sell.

Fast1eddie

Any radio will hear data unless it is internally filtered out. I have no idea why AOR receivers lack the digital capabilites unless Uniden and GRE locked in patents and refuse to license it out. It would be neat to see what AOR would come up with. I am sort of anticipating a follow up of the 8200, would like to see significant recording and SIM card capability. And a bandscope that permits the signal to be monitored, unlike it is now.

nycap

yeah ill second that what you said. for expensive radios the lack of P25 is kinda wierd to me. i know those great those great SDRs they make have a P25 option but those are like 3 grand.

but i was just wondering if the AORs had some way of identifying or decoding data or doing something with the data other than just giving us the "data belch" because they advertise "data" one of the receive modes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.