General Atomics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanhendrix

persistent
not sure about the location in the photo ... however, in Southern California - General Atomics is the preferred company to use for hiding federal business. The DEA, FBI, US CBP, etc, basically the department of homeland insecurity leases the aircraft, rents the aircraft, borrows the aircraft - for high res photos, infra red/ ultraviolet photo and or vid, and - signal intercept equipment. just your basic surveillance package wrapped in a bow , quite possibly as good or better than an AWACS

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Interesting looking facility they are circling. Looks like multiple radar systems on the ground. Maybe a test range?

Would be interesting to know what it is.
Just as interesting, are the four objects along a road just NE of that facility.

42°18'10.4"N 115°57'09.4"W
Bruneau, ID 83604
42°18'10.4"N 115°57'09.4"W
I know what they *look* like, but.....

n2nov

Very interesting site just southwest of those objects. Multi-node cellular-type antennas on a tower, tower lights, solar arrays, large horizon scanning dish for perhaps radar, military-type trucks, etc. Makes you go hmmm.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
OH!
and I thought they were just checking to see how this years Idaho Potato crop was shaping up!

Mr Potato Head feels he is being neglected!
</S>
;)

spanky15805

I think they really are looking for potatoes again tonight! Wonder how bright those new LED lights are?Arcat70.jpg

spanky15805

Flightradar24.com and skyvector.com are your friend. If you are into the actual ads-b data, compiling databases and setting up your own receiver, Mtbiker2005 is the person to talk to.

Falcon4

would be awesome to either drive out there and see whats really out there...or wait at twin falls airport and see who gets off the plane. This stuff really intrigues me. If I ever win the lotto these are the things I would do.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
would be awesome to either drive out there and see whats really out there...or wait at twin falls airport and see who gets off the plane. This stuff really intrigues me. If I ever win the lotto these are the things I would do.

You can look at the site on google earth. It's a electronic warfare training site. Couple of radar antennas, buildings, propane tanks, solar panels.

Falcon4

You can look at the site on google earth. It's a electronic warfare training site. Couple of radar antennas, buildings, propane tanks, solar panels.

There would be nothing like being under threat of running out of gas and being eaten by coyotes to go see it in person.

spanky15805

Well, as for the coyotes and wolves, not a problem in Idaho. It is an open carry state. The badgers and wolverines will flat take you down, and the damn things are fast and mean! Looking at google, gas is 40 miles each direction. Pick a night that no moon will be up, to keep it nice and dark. Not enough people around to see the UFO's.

spanky15805

freqhopping... So whom would Sierra Nevada Corporation be? Think the aircraft is being leased by the AF? In reading the plane didn't do well for Horizon/Alaska back in the day but the Special OPS folks seem to love this model to the point of cutting away the main fusalage and replacing it with carbon fiber, for something like a 3500 lbs weight saving. HUGH! for a plane like this.

freqhopping

freqhopping... So whom would Sierra Nevada Corporation be? Think the aircraft is being leased by the AF? In reading the plane didn't do well for Horizon/Alaska back in the day but the Special OPS folks seem to love this model to the point of cutting away the main fusalage and replacing it with carbon fiber, for something like a 3500 lbs weight saving. HUGH! for a plane like this.

The database Flightradar24 is using for aircraft details has not been updated to reflect the USAF now owns this aircraft. Sierra Nevada Corp is the company that has converted many civilian aircraft for military use. They've done it with these D328s and many B350s. These aircraft often are still using the civilian hex code after the conversion. Same happens with Dash-8s converted to Army use by Dynamic Aviation | Innovation Takes Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.