General Broadcastify Question and NH Specific Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I just set up a stream for Carroll County Public Safety. My general question to the group is, do you think it’s generally better to have a smaller amount of frequencies being scanned for an online stream so it’s easier to follow the traffic? I’m afraid if I open up the feed and start broadcasting other counties it will be too much to follow. Just looking for a general thoughts on that.

Secondly, if anyone is listening online to Carroll County, is there anything else that makes sense to add to the scan list? Again, just looking for a general ideas. This is the first feed I’ve set up online. Thanks!

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I tend to feel less is more as well as separating services (Fire-EMS, Police, etc). Not always easy to do when it's the first feed.

Also, check who else is feeding Carroll. How much overlap of agencies are there. If you're putting out all the same channels as someone else, consider mixing it up or concentrating on a smaller segment. Also check to see if you have channels in you can't actually receive.

And I most importantly, put in what you want to hear. You made the effort and put it out there.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
I tend to feel less is more as well as separating services (Fire-EMS, Police, etc). Not always easy to do when it's the first feed.

Also, check who else is feeding Carroll. How much overlap of agencies are there. If you're putting out all the same channels as someone else, consider mixing it up or concentrating on a smaller segment. Also check to see if you have channels in you can't actually receive.

And I most importantly, put in what you want to hear. You made the effort and put it out there.

Thanks for the info. There is one other Carroll feed which has some of the same freq’s but also has a lot in Western Maine and several civilian (business) freq’s as well. My feed is more specific to Carroll Public Safety.

I’m in Southern Carroll so I may make it more specific to Southern Carroll and Northern Strafford. We’ll see. Thanks!

Reconrider

Thanks for the info. There is one other Carroll feed which has some of the same freq’s but also has a lot in Western Maine and several civilian (business) freq’s as well. My feed is more specific to Carroll Public Safety.

I’m in Southern Carroll so I may make it more specific to Southern Carroll and Northern Strafford. We’ll see. Thanks!
Before you change ANYTHING on your feed, put a ticket in and make sure it’s okay. If they don’t approve of it you can get your feed shut down

Bay19

Hi,
Thanks for the new feed. Southern Carroll County has been needed. You may also consider including Stewarts Ambulance 152.405 (DCS243)
They handle most towns in the County.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
Thanks for the new feed. Southern Carroll County has been needed. You may also consider including Stewarts Ambulance 152.405 (DCS243)
They handle most towns in the County.

Thanks, I’m in Wolfeboro so I definitely am getting my area, Lakes Region Dispatch, Wakefield, Ossipee, etc very clearly. Conway sometimes comes in clear, sometimes not. I may play with antenna location to try to improve it. Stewart’s is dispatched by the towns they’re in as far as I know. If that is an agency specific frequency, I’ll add it. Thanks! Enjoy the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.