General Communications 2 LTR System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul-W

Last week I programmed into my scanner the General Communications 2 LTR system so I could monitor the Milwaukee Public Service Ambassadors and noticed that there was no activity on this system at all last week and this week. Does anyone know if this system has been deactivated or if the system users have been moved to another system? I know the Publice Service Ambassadors have been very active on this system in the past when I had it on a different scanner.

JGP

What happened to the PSAs?

I have this LTR system programmed into my PSR-600, but I keep the scan list closed most of the time because there is not much action going on except for DCS Transport, 0-01-033.

But you are correct about the PSAs not using the system. Maybe they are using an other radio system now. Who knows?

JGP

AFAIK Gencom is now running NEXEDGE trunking in place of one of the old LTR systems.... FYI

I don't know which LTR trunking system that would be, but I know GenCom pulled frequencies from their other LTR systems for that. All the old LTR systems are still running as far as I know. Just a few frequencies were removed, but the LTR systems are still running without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.