General Conventional Frequency Scanner Recommendation - 151mhz to 460mhz mostly, $150 +/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks83

I Remember DOS
The more I listen the more I hear and the more scanners I need. I have a PRO-28 that is good but it only holds 30 frequencies and it is busy. My SDS100 is great but I use it mostly for my county Fire /EMS. P25 system I always wondered why some people had four or five scanners on their desk, now I know.

I can read all the sales flyers but posters on RR have a lot of experience with scanners. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You can use your favorite search engine to get the parameters for the frequency ranges for 2 meter ham operators and 70 cm ham operators, maritime operations, aircraft frequencies both civilian and Military, railroad operations and federal frequency listening. You can make custom search list and number them, very easy to do and the instructions are readily available. Have fun!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Whoops oh, you're looking for a scanner I thought you were looking for things to listen to... Sorry, check the classifieds for used conventional scanners. Lots of good choices.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The more I listen the more I hear and the more scanners I need. I have a PRO-28 that is good but it only holds 30 frequencies and it is busy. My SDS100 is great but I use it mostly for my county Fire /EMS. P25 system I always wondered why some people had four or five scanners on their desk, now I know.

I can read all the sales flyers but posters on RR have a lot of experience with scanners. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Uniden BC125AT. Great little radio; usually goes around $125 but it's appeared on Amazon for $85 new.

hill

Premium Subscriber
i agree on BC125AT. I purchased a lightly used one earlier this year, since was hard to find one with all the shipping issues.

I have tried it on some conventional frequencies and it works well, but it was purchased for Mil Air with it being used 99% of time on it. Also some Civilian air with having a fairly busy general use airport right near home.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Uniden BC125AT. Great little radio; usually goes around $125 but it's appeared on Amazon for $85 new.

It was $99 recently on Amazon and I posted an FYI on it but the mods deleted it apparently. It was gone in about 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.