General Pro 106 Question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgostovich

Howdy RR Folks-

The scanner gods smiled upon me and I scored a used RS Pro 106 from a gal going through a divorce for $180.00 (yeah, she didn't really know what she had and I hate to capitalize on others mis-fortunes, but oh well...). Anyway, I live in western WI and have all kinds of digital and analog scanning options within my location. In my studies of the scanner thus far I have noted that basically the entire MN digital "ARMER" (Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response) system was loaded onto the scanner. This is all good because then I do not have to do it, however, I've observed that for some reason it's loaded into all 20 of the scan lists. Is there a reason for this?

Also, I would like to load up some conventional analog and P25 digital channels into the unit. Can I scan those types of systems while scanning the ARMER system (the RS manual wasn't real clear on that)?Along those lines, It was my belief that this scanner came "loaded" with numerous regional trunking radio systems that were stored in the V-folders? I checked the V-folders and observed that 75% of the V-folders were empty? Is this a factory default issue that I can re-set or is the info just gone?

Lastly, does anyone have any input on the ARC500 software? I'm leaning towards this based on what I've read, but I'd love to hear any opinions (good or bad) on it from others. Thanks!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
ARC500
PSREdit
ScanControl
Win500
are all 30 day trials and I have license for each but mostly use Win500.

OldsDoug

Congrats, that was a good buy. I use the ARC-500 software and am very pleased with it... purchased it because I was already using BuTel software with the the BC-796 and BC-396 Uniden radios that I already had. I bought a PRO-197 a year and a half ago at Xmas because the price had dropped to $299 on sale, am very happy with that as well. Haven't used Win 500, but can tell you that the BuTel products are good... I did find that there was a pretty steep learning curve for me when I first started messing with these digital radios. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.