• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

General Question on XTS Series Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

I'm just wondering, can you program them for analog VHF conventional and then in the future add P25 VHF trunked while still having the analog VHF channels?? If this isn't clear just let me know...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It depends on the flashcode - you have to have P25 trunking configured (a purchased option). I'm 99% sure you can mix trunking and conventional personalities - I can with my 800 XTS3K.

gary123

short answer yes you can. The rx personality field lets you select P25 (Astro) or conventional.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
Yes you can. I have just about all formats configured, and scanning at the same time in my 996xt and the 396xt. they have to be in seperate systems tho...

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can. I have just about all formats configured, and scanning at the same time in my 996xt and the 396xt. they have to be in seperate systems tho...

He is asking about the Motorola XTS series of radios, not scanners.

In the Motorola's, it can be programmed per channel, and you can scan across them. However, it WILL NOT unmute an APCO25 trunking system without the radio affliating to the system with an approved radio ID and correct programming. Being a VHF system, you also need to know the correct order of freq assignments etc.

In short, unless your authorized to be on the system, its not going to happen, especially non 800Mhz systems.

Stealthguy05

Can you program a XTS 5000 to recieve a conventional P25 vhf frequency without the affiliation problem? I would assume it's like a normal channel, but just p25 as the voice system?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Unless you have a need to transmit, scanners are much easier to program and are much more flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.